Close

FEP Power Member

Default clutch disconnect

in my 1990 (same as my 86s), my clutch all the sudden went to the floor. the pedal and arm "springs" back up, but there is no tension. factory quadrant.

so - me and my bad back looks under to see if the plastic quadrant or cable had broke or come undone.

the cable is still attached to the quadrant. the pedal is not making the quadrant move at all. so i am assuming it is not moving the shaft at all ?

so where is it disconnected from the pedal arm to the shaft that the quadrant is hooked to ?

thanks,
    jason

FEP Power Member

ok - after looking again - it appears to be rotating the shat on the quadrant side. i can see the pawl moving up and down but it wasnt touching the plastic quadrant teeth. the teeth do not "appear" stripped. the pawl's teeth just wasnt touching the quadrant teeth. i believe i pulled/lifted the clutch back with my foot first while i was driving - as i have done in the past. i think i can rotate the pawl a little to start grabbing the teeth again.

of course i dont trust it though. has this ever happened to anyone else ?

FEP Power Member

I went ahead and ordered another third party quadrant like i have done in the past. I figure there must be some teeth missing somewhere on the quardrant or the pawl - which caused the pawl not to grab any teeth on the quadrant somewhere. I was hoping not to have to do this - as the last one i did was about 20 some years ago. and at least i could lay on back and bend a little better than i can now. i am now 47 - and i hated trying to remove that old quadrant and pawl 20 some years ago. so i may have to pay local shop this time depending on my flexibility. damn age.... what ever older people years ago called aging the golden years ---- LIED....