Close

Blog Entries

Default Stock Profile Fiberglass Hood 83-86 Mustang...Maier Racing!!

Okay guys, this is a major victory for me. Forever and always, I've wanted a stock profile composite hood. I don't want a cowl, I have the scoop I want. You know how it is. I'd found one from a source that is less than well-known and what I'd heard about quality was less than stellar. And the price was ridiculous. It seemed a stock profile non-metal hood was not to be for me.

Fast forward to this past August. While in California for the Monterey Historics, Mike and I swung past Maier Racing. We just wanted a catalog and price list, maybe a t-shirt or something. We wind up getting the GRAND tour from these fine folks, meeting Bill Maier himself and talking about our cars, the site, etc. It was very cool. We were impressed.

In our talks, they said they'd look for the stock molds for 83-86 (they have available stock profile hoods for 79-82 Mustangs, BTW...) Mustangs and also look and see if they could find one for the Capri. Mike had been getting updates from the search. Today, the call came.

THEY FOUND THE 83-86 MOLD!!!!! SO, all of you who are interested in a stock-looking hood that fits well, Maier Racing has 'em. The fact that a place that is as busy as they are (and they're hoppin', lemme tell ya) would take the time to look for something like this for a couple of people who wander in one day is really amazing. Most places just don't have that sort of level of customer service.

I believe fiberglass was a little under $400.00. But, they have MANY options available. Want stock hardware mounting points, fine. Pin-on only? Cool. Carbon fiber insert? They can do that. ALLLLLLL carbon fiber? You bet. Of course, with these options come significant variances in price, but for the quality of product they offer, and the stellar service, whatever their price is, I believe it's worth it. Mike's had their Capri cowl hood for over 10 years and it was an incredible fit and still looks fantastic. I am stoked and am planning to order a CF hood in the very near future. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BOY! I'm ecstatic!!

Anyhow, after seeing countless hoods and such of theirs over the years, having met the people that make the stuff, and after having experienced their customer service BEFORE even purchasing something, I have zero hesitation in recommending Maier Racing. If you've been wanting a hood that looks stock and weighs less, this is your chance.

Red Rocket

holy crap i always wanted a stock looking fiberglass hood...

btw, hi skye

Anonymous

Maier Racing has been around for MANY years. They have always been really cool to deal with. Not too many folks are as cool as Maier.

Cool, after you get it, let us know how happy you are with it, and post some pics.
    Jeff
    1984 LX 5.0 Convertible
    1/8 et: 10.188 @ 68.06 60 ft : 2.189
    1/4 et: 16.025 @ 84.31
    www.street-machines.org
    www.stampedeusa.com/
    www.streetsmartsusa.org Moderator

Stock looking glass hoods are cool !
    I got one .