Close

Default Should I Go Back to 4 Lug

I have a 85 Notch 5.0 5spd car with 44K miles. It has the following mods. Dual Exhaust, 8.8 w/3.73, 5 Lug Conversion, and a new Carb. So I am considering selling it or at the very least making it look more original. I have no plans to change the exhaust or 8.8 back to original. I have the original carb and the few smog items that were removed. The car came with what I think are the original 10 hole wheels. I have 4 lug axles, and original 85 4 lug front brakes and spindles. I was thinking it might be worth more if I switch it back to 4 lug but maybe not with the exhaust and 8.8. A few more notes, interior is all original. The paint is original but not in great shape.

If you want to keep the 5 lug wheels and/or 5 lug conversion, then sure why not.

Otherwise you can always include the 4 lug stuff with the sale or offer it for added money to a potential buyer. Last option is give the buyer the option of 4 lug/5 lug.

I guess it just depends if you think being 4 lug and more original will help with the sale and/or you want to keep the 5 lug parts. Good luck!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

FEP Power Member

I know this may sound dirty to some of you, but I'm thinking that switching back to 4 lug before selling will be more profitable.
    Frankly, Fox bodies aren't exactly Boss 429s to be restored to Thoroughbred standards with NOS air in the tires.
    More buyers are going to want the 5 lug now. So show the car in 4 lug form and offer the 5 lug parts for an extra charge. If the car is 5 lug when the buyer sees it, you're going to be stuck holding the 4 lug parts after they leave with the car.

Unless you want to sell it in 4 lug form and hold onto the 5 lug parts for a future project you're contemplating.

Still trying to wrap my head around this selling thing. I’ve never sold a 4 Eyed fox, only bought.....

I would swap it back to 4 lug and sell the 5 lug stuff separately.

When I bought the car I liked that it already had a 5 lug conversion, 8.8, and dual exhaust. All things I would have done. I am thinking of switching things up a bit. I have 3 four eyed fox. Trying to work out a deal on a big block Mopar I used to own. If that doesn't work out I am looking at another fox that I have been trying to buy for several years. So I may end up changing up a few of the current fox for some new iron. At the end of the day its an original 5.0 5 spd so I should do ok either way.
    Last edited by Ford 5.0; 05-06-2019 at 08:58 PM.