Close

Default Rear brakes will not bleed how to reset PV?

Hi all. So after searching, I read a thread not far below from a few years ago with the same issue...but the guy seemed to free his up but was unsure of how he did it. I have an 85 Capri RS with stack brake setup. I replaced all the old hard lines after finding a pin hole leaking large amounts of fluid in one of the hard lines near the rear during a brake job. This is what most likely caused the proportional valve to block off the rear. So now I cannot get anything to flow to the rear drums. Does anyone know a way to reset this? I do not want to replace this if I do not have to. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I ended up rebuilding my proportioning valve. You may be able to move the piston or you may not. Rebuilding it is pretty easy. You just clean it up and replace a few seals. Mine was seized blocking off the rear brakes. Here's the kit for mine. I think yours should be the same.

https://www.musclecarresearch.com/va...-E0ZC-2B328-AA

There's a link to instructions on that page too. If you want to make sure that valve doesn't move back to block off the rears, this was my solution for that.

The hole for it is already there, you just thread the screw in, and it holds the plunger for you.
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

Thanks. I wii get that kit just in case. Do u know if there is a way to move that valve back to neutral or open without rebuilding?

You can try moving it with a pick. Maybe. Through the hole for the switch.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual