Close

Thread: Question/help

Default Question/help

Hi guys, I have my 1982 Capri I’m not sure what to do with, I really want to restore it to original condition but funds. I have all the time I need I restore it but it would take a long while for me to learn to restore it properly, it’s currently sitting in the backyard of my grandfathers with plastic over it, its degrading pretty quick as I’m on the coast of Los Angeles. My grandfather recently passed away on March 9th (first owner of a 1981 Monte Carlo that I kept that also needs restoration). I thought he would’ve been here to see the Capri restored, my grandmother bought it new in 1981. She passed away in 2012. No one in the family would want the car and they were just going to junk it but I ended up loving it so I took it in. They keep telling me to junk it, It is running and drivable, and in decent condition. Since there wasn’t any subframes the floorpan cracked. The rust isn’t too bad, fixable, don’t wanna drive it to make it worse. The house might have to be sold but I have no place to put it so I may sell it. My question is, would it be wrong of me to do a GoFundMe? Get it sent to a restoration shop and get it properly done. I believe if we could all help each other out we could make our dreams come true. I feel guilt now that I wrote this but what do you guys think I should do? Not sure if this is against the rules, Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Aaron558; 04-22-2019 at 01:19 PM.

We have a section in the classifieds that are for FREE parts. You can place a Want ad in there. But we don't allow people doing GoFundMe, i.e. asking people for money, here.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags