Close

Default Blown motor domino game

If it's not one thing it's another. Trying to buy house where we will finally have a shop so I can get my Twister and Mach 1 out of storage, but the buyers for our current house aren't getting their stuff together which keeps pushing us back. And now I'm chasing the domino effects of a blown head gasket in my daily driver. A little over a year ago the head gasket blew on my daily, a '98 v6 mustang. Didn't throw a rod through the block but she could suck a radiator full of water into the motor in under 30 seconds. Yanked the motor and put in a new one. Flushed the radiator and transmission while everything was out of the way. Knew the cats were going to go bad from the coolant. They are getting replaced the end of this week. This morning the lower radiator hose sprung a leak on my way to work dousing my alternator with coolant. I guess while I'm hemorrhaging money, what else should I be putting on my list of possible dominos in the tumble line of parts that the earlier blown motor has shortened the life of? Parts chasing wouldn't be so bad if we were moved already. Argh...

Have a chance to get one of the Ford Taurus Interceptors. After about 6 months of every day being a Monday, starting to really consider it.
    '03 Explorer Limited
    '85 LX
    '85 Twister II
    '89 LX
    '98 v6
    '77 Mach 1.....and I still own them all.

Well, parts for a 98 v6 are a dime a dozen... so you got that going for you! I believe I'd tough it out and keep that one going, if I were in your situation. Focus on the house. That's the hard part!