Close

Default Another new guy...

Hello,
    My name is Bret. I recently acquired an 84 Mustang LX 5.0 convertible. It's a CFI car with AOD transmission. The car was sort of a barn find, but to be technical, was in a storage unit since 1991. It has just over 37k miles and, though it isn't perfect, is in very good original condition. I purchased it from a San Francisco lawyer who had received the car as payment from a client but didn't have a use for the car so he put it into storage. That was in 1991. So I got it out of his storage unit. The 30 year old Michelin TRX's are still holding air and don't appear to be cracked either. So far, I made sure the engine wasn't seized up and have changed the oil, drained and refilled the radiator, put a new serpentine belt and battery. The car turned over but didn't fire up. I didn't hear the fuel pump so began checking for power. I eventually replaced what I think was the eec relay and got power to the pump. The pump was bad so I replaced the high pressure pump on the frame rail along with the fuel filter. I'm going to drop the tank and replace the low pressure fuel pump also but haven't done so yet. I tried starting the car after the fuel pump install but still no joy. I haven't checked for spark or power at the injectors yet but I assume I should have enough fuel pressure to run at this point, even if the in tank pump is bad. I also bought new battery cables but have yet to install them. I've been doing a lot of reading on here and stangnet and appreciate the knowledge that has been provided. I'm slowly going through the car and will hopefully have it running sooner than later. Just figured I'd introduce myself and say thanks for the help.

Welcome! That is one good looking FOX. Keep at it, you will have it running soon. I like the white on white.

Love that car, but I’m biased towards white Convertibles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk