Close

Default SVO Production numbers

Does anyone have production numbers for 84, 85 and 86 SVO?
    Shawn

Currently in the stable:
    83 Capri RS Crimson Cat
    90 7 UP Mustang
    87 Mustang GT
    83 Porsche 928S
    69 Thunderbird Landau
    65 Cadillac Calais 4DR Hardtop
    02 Thunderbird

Current rides:
    89 LX 5.0, 5 -spd..the Lemon
    86 RS Capri 5.0 Auto...
    86 LX Colorado SSP 5.0 5-spd (Sadly Sold)
    85.5 SVO, Finally Got Boost
    83 RS Capri 5.0, 5-spd (another sadly sold)

Those numbers are very old, and not all correct.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Quote Originally Posted by onetrackrider View Post
    I've done that but have learned in the past the sources are not reliable
    Shawn

Currently in the stable:
    83 Capri RS Crimson Cat
    90 7 UP Mustang
    87 Mustang GT
    83 Porsche 928S
    69 Thunderbird Landau
    02 Thunderbird

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    Those numbers are very old, and not all correct.
    That was my concern. was hoping maybe someone here compiled stats from Marti
    Shawn

Currently in the stable:
    83 Capri RS Crimson Cat
    90 7 UP Mustang
    87 Mustang GT
    83 Porsche 928S
    69 Thunderbird Landau
    02 Thunderbird

That is a lot of Marti reports. Ford Performance does you one better if you order a certificate. You get complete breakdown similar to, but more detailed, like what is shown at the Hemmings link, except it's accurate.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

That is a lot of Marti reports. Ford Performance does you one better if you order a certificate. You get complete breakdown similar to, but more detailed, like what is shown at the Hemmings link, except it's accurate.
    Marti reports usually lists total production for the year. For instance, my 7UP shows how many 7UP Mustangs were built. My Crimson Cat shows the same. I assume the MArti report for each year would show total production numbers for the SVO .
    Shawn

Currently in the stable:
    83 Capri RS Crimson Cat
    90 7 UP Mustang
    87 Mustang GT
    83 Porsche 928S
    69 Thunderbird Landau
    02 Thunderbird

You're talking about the 5th production statistic on a deluxe Marti report and that is a random stat, chosen by Marti Auto, unless you ask them specifically for the stat you want. If you didn't ask and you just so happen to get a stat for your model then that was a coincidence.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

84 = 4507

85 = 1515

85.5 = 436

86 = 3379

These are the numbers from the SVOCA website. If they aren't exact they are extremely close.
    86 LX Coupe 4E
    84 SVO Watkins Glen Pace Car 1E
    85 SVO Hertz 4E
    85.5 SVO 2R orig owner
    86 SVO 7B
    66 Fastback
    55 Willys Jeep Overland Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Ken P View Post
    84 = 4507

85 = 1515

85.5 = 436

86 = 3379

These are the numbers from the SVOCA website. If they aren't exact they are extremely close.
    Thanks Ken.
    Shawn

Currently in the stable:
    83 Capri RS Crimson Cat
    90 7 UP Mustang
    87 Mustang GT
    83 Porsche 928S
    69 Thunderbird Landau
    02 Thunderbird

From Ford Performance Group:
    1984 = 4508
    1985 = 1515
    1985.5 = 439
    1986 = 3382
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Senior Member

Always been 1515 for the 85 and 439 for the 85.5. The others differ by only a few.
    Bleed Ford Blue! '84 Grabber Orange SVO, '88 Saleen 1 of 4 w/Automatic, '89 Steeda, '71 DeTomaso Pantera GT5 Wide Body EFI 4.6 DOHC...soon to be a Gen3 Coyote and some Old Ford Muscle w/ BB power. 1.21 Jigawatts!!?? PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT!
    State of Illinois - Taxation without Representation!

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE'SVO86 View Post
    Always been 1515 for the 85 and 439 for the 85.5. The others differ by only a few.
    Yep I use 439 for the 85.5s

It's been a long time but if I remember correctly some of the discrepancies are the differences between VIN numbers and Unit Numbers. I know of at least one that never received a VIN but was bucked and produced on the line just like regular SVOs. It was donated to a school as a teaching tool / example.

I "think" some of the others were Export Models into Canada but don't quote me on that. I used to be able to quote this stuff off the top of my head. I still have the title of "PITA VIN Guy" at SVOCA HAHA
    86 LX Coupe 4E
    85 SVO Hertz 4E
    85.5 SVO 2R orig owner
    86 SVO 7B
    66 Fastback

Also know that while Marti does some very good work with documentation from Ford even they have minor issues with accuracy. My old 86 2A Comp Prep had a Ford Production Line mistake. All documentation showed ordered and stickered as a Bi-Wing Delete car but the line workers put the wings / dual spoilers on it by mistake.

I also just ordered the Marti Report for my 2013 GT Track Pack car. It has all the equipment and electronics making it a Track Pack car but it doesn't show on the window sticker so the Marti Report follows that error. It is 1 of 208 built in the trim & options combo for 2013.

I'm still trying to find out when production started for the 2013 model year. It was ordered as my local dealerships new demonstrator so they checked every box for every option available for the 2013 Mustang.

Ordered on 5/21/12
    Serialized ( VIN issued ) 5/31/12
    Bucked 6/19/12
    Built 6/18/12
    Released 6/19/12

So here is a discrepancy directly from Marti. They show it was built on 6/18/12 but not bucked until a day later on 6/19/12. That is IMPOSSIBLE.

Sorry to hijack but thought maybe somebody here might know when 13 production started. A date of June 2012 seems early to me. That might account for the error on the window sticker.
    Last edited by Ken P; 04-16-2019 at 11:01 PM.
    86 LX Coupe 4E
    85 SVO Hertz 4E
    85.5 SVO 2R orig owner
    86 SVO 7B
    66 Fastback

Marti doesn't make up stuff. They report dates, numbers, options, etc. that Ford recorded. If a date is wrong either Ford recorded the wrong date, which is more likely than not, and Marti is merely reporting it exactly as it is in the database OR in less likely cases Marti simply made a mistake reporting what was in the database. If Marti made a mistake they'll own it and redo the report for you at no cost. You can call or email and discuss it with them and they will look into it.

On deluxe report there are two "build" dates. One is a 'best estimate' ... the "Scheduled Build Date". That is not necessarily the actual build date, it is just a guess by the general office as to when the car might be built. The other build date on the report is exactly what it says ... "Actual Build Date". I'm assuming the built date you posted was the actual built date on the report. What was the scheduled date on the report?
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 04-17-2019 at 05:52 AM.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Marti doesn't make up stuff. They report dates, numbers, options, etc. that Ford recorded. If a date is wrong either Ford recorded the wrong date, which is more likely than not, and Marti is merely reporting it exactly as it is in the database...
    Yes this was my point. Marti simply consolidates the data from Ford. If Ford gets it wrong then Marti gets it wrong.

The scheduled build date was the same as the serialized date of 5/31/12. I have already gone back and forth with the salesman at Marti in several emails. I also provided them with pics of the door tag(s) and window sticker as a courtesy to help them build their database / sticker format. The stickers also show the Track Pack spring codes as well as the spare tire delete.

I basically got the reply of "It is what is on the window sticker" even though the window sticker is wrong. Just like on the 86 2A Comp Prep SVO.

There is no question it is a Track Pack car. Ford just made a mistake. Happens a lot with mass production items, not just cars.
    86 LX Coupe 4E
    85 SVO Hertz 4E
    85.5 SVO 2R orig owner
    86 SVO 7B
    66 Fastback

Was there something wrong with your 86 2A CP BWD Marti report? I haven't seen it. Or did you not get one? I have only seen the buck tag, build sheet, and window sticker for the car.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Was there something wrong with your 86 2A CP BWD Marti report? I haven't seen it. Or did you not get one? I have only seen the buck tag, build sheet, and window sticker for the car.
    Sorry I never got the Marti Report on it. I was only using it as an example that Ford makes mistakes sometimes. Then that the Marti Report would also follow that as well. Kinda tying it back to my 13 Track Pack issue.

Which all ties back to reporting of the number of cars produced in a round about way.
    86 LX Coupe 4E
    85 SVO Hertz 4E
    85.5 SVO 2R orig owner
    86 SVO 7B
    66 Fastback

I just checked and the total production number for each year (and half year in 1985) from Ford Performance Group and from Ford/Marti match exactly.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

I just checked and the total production number for each year (and half year in 1985) from Ford Performance Group and from Ford/Marti match exactly.
    Awesome. Thanks
    Shawn

Currently in the stable:
    83 Capri RS Crimson Cat
    90 7 UP Mustang
    87 Mustang GT
    83 Porsche 928S
    69 Thunderbird Landau
    02 Thunderbird