Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by mongusta View Post
    Sure glade I found this. I am in the middle of replacing the LMR guide bar mount. You would think for the $50 per mount they could fix the prob with the holes being half a hole off. they know about the prob but havent fixed it yet. I will keep you posted on the outcome for my window rebuild and adjustment.
    Amazing they never corrected that. I almost destroyed mine and had to drill it out and fix with a large pop rivet. Definitly check them out by hand. I drove the last screw in with electric and it wasted the threads. If it still doesnt line up I'd suggest drilling the bracket hole larger or elongating with a dremel.

I did just that when I spoke with LMR about it they said they never heard of the prob and said I should ge in tuch with 5.0 rest it was there prob
    LIFE IS ONE LONG WEEKEND

Quote Originally Posted by fgross2006 View Post
    I just noticed this now. In case you never located them, I believe this is the original part number, E3AZ 5422362 A
    Thanks!
    84.5 GT Convertible Build Thread
    86 LX Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by mongusta View Post
    I did just that when I spoke with LMR about it they said they never heard of the prob and said I should ge in tuch with 5.0 rest it was there prob
    Thats just not true. I called LMR when I did my rear quarter windows and gave them detailed feedback, including the quarter window billets have their bolt hole pattern off about a 1/16 of an inch. That I had to drill mine out and repair with a pop rivet. I also told them that the quarter window adjustment procedure CANNOT be completed properly without the Up-stop bumper which they don't show or mention in their video, but is visible on photos of a customers posting on their page.

None of the Resto manufacturers have attempted repro that bumper. Yet I was able to make one using a bumper stop for a classic Mustang (64-69) and trim it with a razor blade until it fit.

Quote Originally Posted by fgross2006 View Post
    None of the Resto manufacturers have attempted repro that bumper. Yet I was able to make one using a bumper stop for a classic Mustang (64-69) and trim it with a razor blade until it fit.
    Ah, but they have. I just bought 2 for my 86 GT 'Vert from NPD --> https://www.npdlink.com/product/bump...4721?year=1992

Quote Originally Posted by qtrracer View Post
    Ah, but they have. I just bought 2 for my 86 GT 'Vert from NPD --> https://www.npdlink.com/product/bump...4721?year=1992
    qtrracer — thanks for the heads up on this!

Quote Originally Posted by qtrracer View Post
    Makes sense. I discussed this with Matt at NPD when I did mine 2 years ago and he told me he was looking for an original so used a template to make repros from. Funny, I just did a Google search and found this thread on this site and this guy did exactly what I did. It works, but now that I know theres a good repro I will order a pair and keep them in my garage for future use.

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...uarter-Windows

I know old thread...but I cant thank the originator enough for this info. Losing my mind until I found this. Thanks again for posting this stuff up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12