Close

Default Rock auto returns

Anyone know how to get in touch with Rock auto's customer service? We need to exchange some piston rings and it's impossible to get in touch with anyone there.
    Keith formerly STLPONDS
    '79 V8 coupe in the works!
    Build thread http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=89153

I’ve only done online returns, never had a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I seem to recall returns and exchanges not being that hard to do through them. You just click on the link in the upper right corner of the main page, look up your order, and go from there. It's been a while, but I THINK they sent out my new one and a return box for the bad part at the same time, so it's relatively quick process.
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

From what I've read on the website we can't return the part because it's been over 45 days. My son bought piston rings for a rebuild he is putting together, but he got the wrong size rings(mid 95 went from std rings to metric). I just hate seeing that he can't even exchange them and it's impossible without being able to talk with a rep from RA.
    Keith formerly STLPONDS
    '79 V8 coupe in the works!
    Build thread http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=89153

Maybe try PMing them here or facebook?
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

Quote Originally Posted by STL79Coupe View Post
    From what I've read on the website we can't return the part because it's been over 45 days. My son bought piston rings for a rebuild he is putting together, but he got the wrong size rings(mid 95 went from std rings to metric). I just hate seeing that he can't even exchange them and it's impossible without being able to talk with a rep from RA.
    I believe it's actually 30 days. I just had to eat a passenger side wheel arch for my 91 bronco. I had ordered both arches together. The wife opened it, since I was working out of town. She didn't realize one of them was for a dodge ram. I gave it to a buddy, so not a big deal.

FEP Senior Member

You can try service@rockauto.com. You used to be able to call, but I can't find their number anymore. For what it's worth I buy several thousand dollars worth of parts from them every year and I've never had an issue with customer service. Sometimes they will work with you, but they do have rules that they have to live by too.
    '89 XR-7 5 Speed
    '95 SC 5 Speed
    '91 Crown Vic P72 351W
    '97 Thunderbird
    '85 Ford LTD Squire