Close

Default Using an 86 mustang harness for cfi to efi conversion

Started the job of circuit hunting through the EVTMs for my 84 LTD LX and the 86 Mustang donor harness I’m using. From what I can see and understand, the Ignition circuits seem to be nearly identical between the two. That’s not my issue at the moment though. From everything I’ve read and looked at shows that I’m down to 5 wires to hook into the 8 pin connector.

Red/LightGreen (Crank/Run)
    Red/Blue (Crank)
    Grey/Yellow (O2 power/CANP)

Those all have matching wires/colors between the two harnesses. My issue comes from these two wires.

Black/White
    LightBlue/Yellow

Now I’ve found that the LightBlue/Yellow runs to pin 30 on the EEC connector, meaning it’s the NGS switch circuit from the transmission and as far as I can tell from my research will function the same wether I run an auto or manual transmission. Every diagram I’ve found shows it as a White/Pink wire though, even for the CFI. I do have a White/Pink wire coming from the body so can I hook the LightBlue/Yellow to White/Pink and be okay?

And finally is the Black/White that shows as the SGNRF wire for the sensors to pin 46 on the EEC. I do NOT have a corresponding wire on the body side, nor can I find any reference of this wire even tying into the body harness. I do have what appears to be a Pink/Red or Red/Pink that was routed to the same pin as the Red/Blue wire on the CFI connector. I also cannot find any reference for either of those colors for that wire and was trying to avoid tearing the dash out to find it. Does anyone know or can pony me to where I should be looking for these 2 wires? Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1984 LTD LX, 160k mile Explorer 5.0, Comp XE264HR-14 cam, Alex’s Parts springs on stock GT40 3 bar heads, Unported Explorer intake, 1 5/8 shorty headers, off-road H-Pipe, Spintech 9000 mufflers, Holley Terminator X Max, J-Mod 4R70W, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, Tubular front and rear control arms, front coilovers, Turbocoupe rear coil springs

pin 30 is the nss like you mentioned, you can cut that wire coming out of the computer and run it straight to ground, which will enable you to pull codes
    Jeremy
    -86 mustang SSP X CHP Unit # 3788-bone stock & staying that way
    -66 Mustang, bench seat car,8.8,t5 fuel injected 92 engine
    -72 Maverick 5.0 resto in process
    -12SS Camaro 6 speed. 600 FWHP, Kraftwerks Supercharger
    -03 z71 Avalanche 9" lift on 35s Daily Driven 20k a year. 290k miles at 11.8 mpg
    Entire 1986 electrical and vacuum troubleshooting manual download
    http://slantnosefox.com/picturehosti...g%20manual.zip