Whoops, tried to edit one and posted another

Name:  20191109_130322.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  211.7 KB
    Before much needed restoration
    Name:  20210919_114815.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  179.3 KB
    After restoration.....Griggs prototype Watts Link, production units were aluminum versus the steel one I bought, they have since completely redesigned the Watts link and Torque Arm
    Name:  20210919_124422.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  179.4 KB
    SpinTech SpinTrap mufflers with Dr. Gas X-pipe

Name:  20200429_144918.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  155.0 KB
    Name:  20200429_145126.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  162.3 KB
    Easy access, whole fuse panel can be unlatched and laid on floor for quick inspection in case of electrical issue...fortunately I've never had to use this feature!Name:  20200429_145029.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  165.3 KB

FEP Supporter

Details! Beautiful! Everything is so sanitary!
    '85 GT

Name:  20220404_114538.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  180.3 KB
    Found this cool poster on ebay from a seller in Australia, just showed up today, now to get it framed

Name:  capri PR.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  49.9 KB
    Name:  capri PR 2.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  47.7 KB
    Name:  capri PR 3.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  66.3 KB
    Name:  capri PR 4.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  47.9 KB

As I recover from rotator cuff surgery I now have an abundance of time to sift through my stacks of old car photos. Even found a bunch of pictures from my early days of owning this Capri...back when it was my daily driver! I'll have to get those scanned but these pics were from a Mustang Roundup Open Track day at Pacific Raceways

And now for some reason foureyedpride says I've exceeded my quota when attempting to post more pictures even though they've all been resized (even well below 1600X1200) so i guess the program must be tired of looking at my car...oh well

FEP Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Merc331 View Post
    And now for some reason foureyedpride says I've exceeded my quota when attempting to post more pictures even though they've all been resized (even well below 1600X1200) so i guess the program must be tired of looking at my car...oh well
    We aren't!
    1985 Mustang Canadian Cobra
    It ain't Pretty but it doesn't care

Tremec TKX transmission finally installed by my good buddies at Brad's Custom Auto sine my recent rotator surgery keeps me from doing ANYTHING! so I tried in vain to post more pictures but regardless of uploading via phone or computer and regardless of how small I resize photos...even cropping to make even smaller I keep getting this message (this message was for a picture that was 67.5kb file size 796X399)

"capri tkx 1.jpg: Exceeds your quota by 64.5 KB. <a href="misc.php?do=attachments" target="_blank">Click here to view your attachments</a>"

so I give up no more pictures

Tremec TKX transmission finally installed by my good buddies at Brad's Custom Auto sine my recent rotator surgery keeps me from doing ANYTHING! so I tried in vain to post more pictures but regardless of uploading via phone or computer and regardless of how small I resize photos...even cropping to make even smaller I keep getting this message (this message was for a picture that was 67.5kb file size 796X399)

"capri tkx 1.jpg: Exceeds your quota by 64.5 KB. <a href="misc.php?do=attachments" target="_blank">Click here to view your attachments</a>"

so I give up no more pictures
    Unfortunately I believe there is an issue with the server/site hosting in regards to this. Those of us who have posted a number of pictures in the past are not able to upload photos currently to the site. I can upload photos, but only by using on offsite host such as Freeimage.host
    Sorry that the site is giving you trouble and I feel your pain. I tried in vain to get the issue fixed at least in my case, but was not able to get it sorted out. using Freeimage did solve my issues and although it takes a bit more time to get everything uploaded and then posted it does allow you to continue posting pictures if you want.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Thanks Trey I'll look into freeimage route and go from there!

I used to talk to a Scott that worked at the AutoZone in Burien years ago. I remember he had a white Capri but I believe it had the bubble window hatch (or whatever the Capri guys call them) I don't suppose this is the same Scott, is it?
    '79 Z7 w/sunroof, first car, 302, 5-speed, 8.8 Rear Disc
    '68 Cougar 302 4v Auto
    '84 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
    '03 F250 V10
    '04 Volkswagen Golf 2.0
    '07 Hyundai Entourage

Quote Originally Posted by mercuryzephyrz7 View Post
    I used to talk to a Scott that worked at the AutoZone in Burien years ago. I remember he had a white Capri but I believe it had the bubble window hatch (or whatever the Capri guys call them) I don't suppose this is the same Scott, is it?
    Nope not me...I'm in the Everett area...and bubble back is the more common term for the hatch

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

All right back in business thanks to the photo posting tip from Wraith Racing...

So after swapping out the .80 5th gear in the G-Force T-5 for a .63 OD 5th gear I didn't feel confident with high rpm 4th to 5th upshifts as the syncro just doesn't handle it well...so here is the brand new Tremec TKX being installed. Normally this is something I would handle but the rotator recovery doesn't allow for such things at this time. So my buddy Brian at Brad's Custom Auto tackled the swap. Just waiting for the driveline to get balanced since the TKX has a 31 spline yoke.

Since this is a 1980 Fox it had the narrow transmission crossmember mounts so Brian fabbed up a new mount for it...Stifflers makes a mount for early fox but it was easier just to make one!

[IMG][/IMG]
    I'm gonna guess this pic was from 1993 or 94 but as the Mustang Roundup car show was wrapping up we snagged a photo with Mr. Steve Saleen! Such a cool guy...back when the Capri was my daily driver...parked next to Brad's 1986 Mustang GT

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    I think these were from 2008 or 2009 during the 4 day Mustang Roundup car show and track day

These photos are from when I was upgrading to the G-Force T-5 back in 2008 and the nightmare combination of a Lakewood scattershield and BBK 1 3/4'' long tube headers...I learned the hard way on how to get the bellhousing out. I literally had to unbolt the passenger side header, jack the engine up andlower the K-frame in order to get the bellhousing out. So the next time the clutch has to get done then everything is getting dropped out of the bottom.

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG]note that the pressure plate has been balanced...

Glad you are posting pictures again!

Let me know your thoughts and opinon on the TKX. I am thinking about getting one for a couple of different projects. I don't really need a 6 speed most of the time, so the TKX looks like a nice option to consider, but I don't know anyone that has driven one yet. Good Luck with the shoulder recovery too. I will probably have to get mine done sometime in the future, but right now I can still tolerate it. I have to get my knees done first.
    ​Trey

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    Glad you are posting pictures again!

Let me know your thoughts and opinon on the TKX. I am thinking about getting one for a couple of different projects. I don't really need a 6 speed most of the time, so the TKX looks like a nice option to consider, but I don't know anyone that has driven one yet. Good Luck with the shoulder recovery too. I will probably have to get mine done sometime in the future, but right now I can still tolerate it. I have to get my knees done first.
    So far so good, the TKX shifts good though a tad notchier than the G-Force and definitely tighter feeling so should loosen up a bit as I get more miles on it. Tremec recommends a 500 mile break in period. Only complaint is reverse is a pain to get in quickly...unlike a T-5 where you can quickly row into 5th then back into reverse, I've so far found 4th gear more than Reverse so hopefully with more miles/time it'll become easier to engage.

I bought my TKX from www.moderndriveline.com out of Idaho...they sell everything you need to do the swap and our super knowledgeable and friendly.

So far so good, the TKX shifts good though a tad notchier than the G-Force and definitely tighter feeling so should loosen up a bit as I get more miles on it. Tremec recommends a 500 mile break in period. Only complaint is reverse is a pain to get in quickly...unlike a T-5 where you can quickly row into 5th then back into reverse, I've so far found 4th gear more than Reverse so hopefully with more miles/time it'll become easier to engage.

I bought my TKX from www.moderndriveline.com out of Idaho...they sell everything you need to do the swap and our super knowledgeable and friendly.
    Thanks for the feedback. Will be interested to see how things shake out over the next 500 miles or so. Good Luck!
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

FEP Supporter

This thread delivers in so many ways... lol Awesome pix, awesome tech, awesome feedback on new stuff...
    '85 GT

Quote Originally Posted by qikgts View Post
    This thread delivers in so many ways... lol Awesome pix, awesome tech, awesome feedback on new stuff...
    Thank you thank you...about to deliver some more pix but not the ones I was hoping for!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast