Close

Thread: Fuel Line

Default Fuel Line

Hi,
    I am starting to put fuel lines together an need to know what to seal threads with.
    I have been using Teflon tape...
    Last edited by ThunderStruck; 03-28-2019 at 05:41 PM.

FEP Senior Member

Only pipe thread fitting use teflon tape. Flared tube fittings don't use any sealant or tape. What type of threads are you talking about?

Dynodon is correct. No sealant of any kind on flare fittings. For pipe thread, I believe ptfe tape would be safe for gasoline, but there are better options. Your local parts store should have a nice selection. I have some Permatex brand paste that brushes on...soft set, not hard set (which I've found seems to work better). At work, we use "Gasoila" in both hard and soft set. There are also some rtv-based sealants that work well. That all should do the job, so it's mostly preference. Find a good brand that's reasonably priced and just follow directions.

Gasoila is the best. You can get it through Amazon. I have used it myself and recommend without reservations.

Most silicone based sealants will dissolve in gasoline, leaving a gooey mess. just use pipe dope. It's simple, works and doesn't risk clogging up anything. It's only for use on pipe threads though. AN fittings, flare, etc never use anything.

Thanks' for the info guys, now the fun begins.
    ed