Close

Default What is this wiring for?

Rewiring a 1984 cconvertible with the interior and wiring torn out and am trying to figure out what this is. Located in the trunk near the fuel filler neck

Name:  20190324_140036.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  141.3 KB
    1984 Convertible

Believe it’s for the fuel level sensor.

I was thinking that but I wanted to be certain...
    1984 Convertible

Do you know how this runs? I am guessing under the back seat, along the hump and to the fuel gauge...
    1984 Convertible

It runs along the passenger side up to the front. If i remember correctly connects somewhere under the dash along firewall and passenger side panel. From your pic, looks like they just cut it, so that could be an indication of more problems.......

I have a 86 2.3l original body car with a 5.0 HO engine with 86 wiring harness. I have a 88 Gt computer and aod trans. I am wanting to keep the original 4 cylinder dash and lights however the wires that are on my harness now some of them are not in good shape, can i use the same connects off of my 4 cylinder engine harness to connect on my harness now? I will install a maf harness but the left side of the harness doesn’t connect in some places and i don’t exactly know what to do with them in terms of rewiring so what should i do?? Please pm if possible I have questions.
    Last edited by Foxxybody; 07-17-2019 at 09:41 PM.