Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Happy right now, parts are all in Lol and of course having issues with the pics, oh well that's the exhaust currently below had pics of the PTFE lines and fittings, the 3" tailpipes, and other stuff

Name:  Exhaust.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  145.2 KB
    Last edited by wraithracing; 06-23-2019 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Fix Picture
    1983 Notch - 347, 295 Comp Cam, Holley 850, AFR 205's, "built" AOD, etc

About a 200 shot would get you deep in the 10’s if traction holds it and the car stays together

Quote Originally Posted by erratic50 View Post
    About a 200 shot would get you deep in the 10’s if traction holds it and the car stays together
    Yeah, I don't think getting in the 11's will be a problem after I get the stuff I have on it thrown together and tuned out. Depending on first few nights out will decide in a hurry if I will spray it. Spray and pray, or Fuel injected setup and spray with some computer help will be a more serious question. Just need to get all the parts on and get out! I'm not in a hurry and only 17 pages into my Thesis so have ot focus on it as I forgot we have a trip/vacation in Mid July right when my Thesis is due, so have to front load and get out another 35-50 pages in the next few weeks. Sucks but this is the last class and last paper so have ot focus on it!

Started doing the door fixes yesterday but rain moved in so sealed it back up and will complete them soon, also have decided I will buy a 40lb sand blaster setup so when I'm under the car and doing the battle boxes I'm going to strip and clean everything underneath, and then after some research the ACE brand rust inhibitor is what I'm going to go with over the Por15, may let it dry a few days and then either clear coat it or add something to help seal it. Of course will patch and replace any rusted panels back there as well! Once the rear end goes in the air will be a long set of hours under the rear, but hopefully doing it right will let me not have to worry about anything back there, until I tear into the actual axle, I did get recommendations to a local speed shop that will properly weld in the 9" outers, so will go that route with the Big 9" ends and hav a buddy selling the proper brake setup and brackets for the 9" big ends, so will purchase that. Now to decided what to do about actual axles to go in it when I get to that point, as well as built tracklok or Truetrack, Spool won't be for me as I plan on driving it to and from work on track days and home from the track, at least for the next few years until I get a different place where i can store a trailer, DAMN HOA's....

Duplicate post

Posted this in it's own post for feedback in the electrical side, however figure throw on here for feedback as well:

Alright,

My stock under dash fuse panel is cracked, which leads to some interesting electrical issues... The wiring is chopped, corroded, and it's a mess, so I'm going to start over with it...

Just wanting some opinions on the following from those of you that may have already been through this:

1st - How many circuits would you recommend? 12, 18, 21, 22?

The standard box has 18, initially car is street strip but due to an upcoming move may make it more a corner carver as opposed to 1/4 mile as the previous owner built it. Knowing this considering going with a 21 circuit setup to leave room for growth... I have considered 12 circuit setups.

2nd - What Brand would you go with?

Of course Painless just off name recognition - will be custom done by me, but will more than likely get the pre-wired and labelled.

Any feedback on Classic-Technologies brand? http://www.classic-technologies.com/

Feedback on EZ Wiring brand? https://www.ezwiring.com/

What about the usual suspects on Amazon and Ebay?

BestEquip - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074RGLS8G...v_ov_lig_dp_it

Speedway Motors: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IDL6SUS...v_ov_lig_dp_it

maXpeedingrods - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077GSS7C2...v_ov_lig_dp_it

Mophorn - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07387JW23...v_ov_lig_dp_it

Have also considered just building a panel like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvFHA1xY10w this would be cheaper, and would mount on the front side of the rear seat delete that I'm building more than likely, I have the experience and am an Engineer by trade...

Wanting this to be a 1 and done - will pay for the good shielding on the wires, will soider, weatherproof crimp, and protect everything. Will probably run some additional distribution blocks, the one thing I like about the 21/22 circuits is they have relay for Fuel pump already, and mine is currently hacked in...

Let me know your thoughts, and experiences. I will be doing everything on the car, and while I'll get some passes in this fall/Winter down here in Florida, next summer will do this, however I will be doing this before I put nitrous, or anything else that needs better wiring... I guess I'm saying there is a very good chance I may be doing this BEFORE I head back to the track this fall... Redoing the entire fuel system, battle boxes, rear diff, brakes, and alot of other stuff currently, so may just tear into it at this time as well...

Let me know your opinions please!

Finally finished up my 2nd Master's degree this past Friday night - Thesis and some work requirements had all my attention, as well as a trip to Bonneville Salt Flats and Salt Lake City. It's all done, phew! So Sunday spent a few hours and got the windows finished - well the passenger side window is still moving so will tear the door panel off and resolve that issue - then will get a tint job done to help keep the temp down and well for the looks as well!

Took dash out, wired up the Air Fuel Guage with power etc, replaced dash lights - still not working damnit.... Got my Trans Temp guage working, fuel guage, oil pressure are workign, but my damn temp guage now doesn't work....

Took for a spin to see what A/F is - Wow, anything above around 5k and it goes from a nice 12.8 to 15.1 - 1 - got out of it, tried again same thing!

So happy I didn't go back to the track and passed till I could get the guage on!

So - now to do all the work that's necessary before I head back, and install the parts I have built up!

-Battle boxes - welding them in - will also weld the stock welds in better around this area then epoxy and seal up etc.
    -Metco Upper and Lower Control arms in and adjust pinion angle to 2 degree's while resting on ground
    -Looked and will have to order upper axle bushings - probably will go metal but need to look first, may just do poly as I believe my uppers are all metal so want a flex point somewhere in there...
    -Drop Fuel tank and clean, have around 3 gallons in it now
    -Mount fuel pump and filter setup lower
    -New 8AN fuel lines for supply, reusing the 6an return that is in place, but will plumb it in differently to the tank and seal off the second port on rear of the sump...
    -Wiring - will be adding a relay to the Fuel pump, making a switched power supply block weather sealed and under the hood, will run fuel pump and all guages off of that, also have to do something with the E-fan wiring...
    -Have 70 sq feet of sound deadener so will be pulling carpet and addressing rust and lack of rubber where necessary to limit the leaks - read as get rid of them.
    -Address the Brakes - want to just fix the current brakes but if they are bad will sell a kidney to go ahead and do the 9" housings, 31 or 33 spline and possibly a full spool... Taht will pretty much mean i don't get back to the track this year though hence me wanting to wait on brakes, but they are bad enough won't go back on them as is, the good thing is means I don't mind dropping the rear axle completely to do the bushings and clean it up right now, and give room for the BB's and other crap back there.
    -Weld in V-bands
    -Install new Stainless 3" Mufflers
    -Install new Stainless 3" tailpipes
    -Adjust front suspension and see if I can find my old unused Steeda bump steer kit and install it.
    -Dial in Electric fan setup - may remove and sell and replace with a dual contour setup....
    -Install Center console and fab the top plate for the B&M shifter I have in there - have all the parts but need to cut the metal top piece as was designed for 87-93 console
    -Figure out how to Aim the headlights, all 4 are pointing different directions...
    -Figure out a stalk for my blinkers and brights, can't find one so will find something and tack weld it on the stalk I think... Just has the little stud sticking out and is hard to use as is - plan on driving to and from work to dial in on race days.
    -Install Line Lock
    Tune the Carb - will get close with Vaccum guage, then fine tune with the A/F guage but it's WAY off currently, and not putting time in tuning it until I have the new fuel setup in as well as the exhaust complete...

Items to Buy before I head back to track:
    At least a drivers side 5 point harness

Items on short list to purchase as I can:
    -Quick release steering wheel setup
    -Possible seats - If buy Poly seats that I can mount to roll bar, can happen quickly but Kirkeys......
    -Rear axle items - Disk brake setup, 31 or 33 spline setup, anti-moans, proper mounts for disk brakes
    -Front brakes for the SN95 spindles I have
    -Master cylinder and possibly brake booster...
    -Guage cluster that works - probably make my own Florida50 style but need to start sourcing guages, in my stock cluster only the speedo works right now... Sunpro 3 guage is what I use along with the huge tac and A/F guage.

Items that will be done while working on other items:
    -Use the Black trim SEM paint I have All stainless mouldings will be the satin black, but they are in horrible shape so will be time consuming, mirrors, grill, and bumper trim will be done at the same time...
    Last edited by bahndrvr; 07-30-2019 at 04:42 PM.

Just SCORED! Cobra front brakes with new Slotted EBC rotors, and EBC pads, Rear Cobra Brakes with the same EBC setup with regular brackets, and 9" ends brackets....

Picking them up before the end of the week, this weekend will start tearing into the car to get more stuff done!!!

Lowers done

Also had decided was cutting rear springs but once got them off they had 2 spacers inside them (on each spring) so will install without the spacers and see where it sits. On to the more difficult uppers in the next few evenings.

Will drop tank before that step and pull out the fuel line, leaving return in place and reusing as its 6an and should be fine for my carb setup.

Used my 6013 stick at first but wasn't working out so the modified flux came out, some were perfect others burnt through even on low. Realized I didn't have my damn copper Spoon! Picking up a new one today and will NOT weld on the sheet metal without it backing from here on out. I also did not clean up the welding points enough and could tell big time on the welds. Went like butter where properly prepped was a bitch, splatter and burn through where half assed it. It was raining and phone got wet so didn't take a ton of pics. This one pic is just after tack and you can see the burn through in two places, don't worry closed those up.

Passenger side is done, drivers side I have to weld underneath still, and getting a small sand blaster for the prep going forward. I think spoon and better prep will make the difference! Hoping removing those spacers will get it lower in the rear. Going to go ahead and roll fenders now as well but will blast and seal underside prior to heat and folding over. Lots more to go but progress was made! Pro-chamber back exhaust completely removed, tank is drained as well. Few more nights and weekends then can start tuning the carb and hit the track!

Will be rewiring dash completely before then as well, have to get some etch primer today as well! Went to lunch, now have some stock 95 GT 28 spline's so can install the brakes and complete the 5 lug swap. Will be doing 9" big outers at the same time i do the axles and spool or locker upgrade, and chose the Big 9" outers due to the brake kit coming with the hardware Also had to order a new spoon so will move on with what I don't have to weld on for now, but bolt the upper battle boxes in and get the drilling and mounting out of the way
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Lower battle boxes are cake, uppers while on the ground, not so much... My trusty old Craftsman drill finally gave up the ghost... Can't go any further until I get a new drill Got one one additional bolt in and pilot hole drilled for the other before the drill died. After that copper spoon and welder to finish welding it all in and then paint, seal, and throw the sound deadening over the back seat area, then on to the next item. Ordered up my weld on quick release steering hub, and scored a 5 point harness that will end up being my passenger one in the near future but will get mounted for the next year until it goes out of spec. Picked up a new drill as well, so in the evening will be finishing up the torque boxes - only welding I did was the drivers side lower underneath and then sealed it - will be welding the remainder with the copper spoon hopefully in the evenings this upcoming week as well!

FEP Senior Member

I did not enjoy doing the uppers when I did mine. What a pain in the butt. It is definitely good to get them done. Is most of that dirt in your last picture, or some surface rust to clean up before putting the interior back in?
    Join The Conversation
    http://www.youtube.com/basinmotorsports

'86 Hatchback V6 / Auto Restomod (For Sale)

Quote Originally Posted by Basin Motorsports View Post
    I did not enjoy doing the uppers when I did mine. What a pain in the butt. It is definitely good to get them done. Is most of that dirt in your last picture, or some surface rust to clean up before putting the interior back in?
    Surface rust - will be getting the portable sand blaster, and pulling full interior out which was added to the list as i started tearing into the car due to lots of little rust like this all over inside. Will just paint with the Chassis Saver paint I have as it's a primer and paintable surface once on. Then once dries - which won't take long at all due to the heat here in Florida, will run some acetone over it and put down my 50 ft of 50mm sound deadner I have, may have to order more as I want to do the roof at the same time (Norinco brand which I have had excellent luck with in the past).

As stated before don't judge the welds your seeing yet, it's just flux core but my main goal is good penetration and bonds, not looks. ****ty thing is probably no mig setup for me for a while still and will try my 6013 and stick again as I didn't even attempt it from the top of the car when I start on the upper torque box welding and go back over the un-welded area's on the lowers. Should have taken a pic of the only area I completed and painted but didn't think to, pic's will be coming and realized need more while under the car, not when I get out from under and pic's of the work area, Haha, have a bunch of pics of the car in pieces on stands, but not much of my actual work. Have a go-pro but batteries die fast and waiting on my buddy to send me like 5 batteries as it's an older go-pro.

Using this as a placeholder essentially, I live in Melbourne Fl, and due to the Hurricane had to throw the car back together to get it movable, as it was on Jack Stands. It got stored in the garage for the hurricane and wife, youngest and I went to Orlando. Anyway, got the battle boxes completed - didn't get to weld all of them but back together, then got the car running and drove it a bit. Man - sounds great, frustrated that didn't get to finish everything I wanted to, but happy with the progress and want to get back to track soon!

Alright - editing in a few pics from after put together I will be taking a full coil off the rear springs, but glad I put them back in before cutting them. Really don't notice much of a drop from removing the 2 spacers a piece that were in the rear springs. I can say that my rear shocks are pretty much worthless. I want more squat in the rear to maximize the angles on the upper control arms and get the correct pinion angle, with the goal being the rear lower control arms being flat. Then will weld in the tailpipes as that's where I will need the clearance to be.

Expect the rear springs to be cut, the pinion angle adjusted, and at minimum the mufflers welded in place this weekend. Tailpipes may wait as want them to be perfect when they get put in. I will address some of the wiring and power issues for gauges, and my dash lights so will be able to drive and monitor while going to and from the track. Also hope to weld on my removable steering wheel quick detach as well as put my drivers side harness in. Then will be ready to rock and roll, at least to tune the carb anyway...
    Last edited by bahndrvr; 09-06-2019 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Adding Pic's

Got some work done, Exhaust is complete - 1 3/4 long tubes of unknown brand to 3" custom pro-chamber, to homemade 3" flowtubes and 3" Flowmaster FX mufflers to 3" tailpipes. The tailpipes are just tack welded in place at this point as want to cut and fit better. But no leaks

Cut one coil out of the rear unknown brand springs and it sit's perfect but realized my drivers side is over a good 1.5 to 2" so will be getting under car and adjusting pinion angle as sell as the left to right with the upper control arms, and will go ahead and install the sperical bushings in top of the axle at the same time.

Tune is even further off now but idle is sit at 1k, which is around 850 when in gear.

Next items are:
    Rear
    Install upper spherical bushings in axle
    Adjust rear axle alignment
    Finalize pinion angle now that happy with rear config
    Adjust drum brakes for now
    Relocate fuel pump and clean filter setup
    Roll fenders - have some contact on drivers side - will center axle, but also will roll fenders at this point as well

Inside
    Weld in quick release steering wheel
    install 5 point harnesses
    Wire in common power/ground/relay setup I have for gauges and fuel pump etc

Engine
    Vacuum adjust idle air and set properly idle
    Use Vacuum and A/F to dial in part throttle and full throttle on the carb
    Install Line Lock and proportioning valve

How she sounds: https://youtu.be/cEIk-ny66TM

Go Race - with full contingency of tools especially carb stuff
    Last edited by bahndrvr; 09-17-2019 at 10:05 AM.

A walk around after on ground with the one coil cut out.

https://youtu.be/Gwh-_S_7PME

FEP Supporter

Nice progress!
    '85 GT

haven't updated in a while, but have been getting a bit more work on it lately! Going to have to find a photo hosting account as I take a ton of pics, and can't add that much on here though. I have updated the Corral post alittle bit more, but even it's not up to speed. I have alot of vids and will be doing alot more youtube stuff, hell I have like 45 minutes on starter rebuild lol.

Here's a bit of a catchup to present day:

Water issue, research and found the issue

Quick release steering wheel is on - have to tweak a few things before happy with it.
    Dash is out completely so I can do some rewiring and fix some major ground issues.

Trying for track this year - feels further away now but car is running great.
    Grabbed some southside lower control arms - as in the original badass ones from the 90's. I did the torque boxes so not afraid, will more than likely be Blasting the entire floor-pan to ensure my welding/patch work is done correctly. Bought these as the Metco's bushings were shot and got these lowers for less than bushing replacments were - will sell the Metco lowers or put them back in, time will tell.
    Have my sandblaster setup - used it a few times works great!
    Have put welding off and resolving some of the issues as getting a good Mig setup for Christmas!!!!! Will be running .023 wire and 75/25 so less burn through and less cleanup.
    New Seat is in and mounted - 5 point harness is in and mounted
    Sheet metal is cut to measurements - just will tack weld in and will wait till after christmas to completely weld in

Car is too low in the rear now - the Southside lowers/lift bars REALLY lowered the rear- so have to put the springs spacers back in, or cut the stock springs that I have. In all honesty, the only reason I haven't hit track yet is having to lock the pinion angle in with the rear lift bars, also have to mount the speedo stuff somehow now that dash is out. We are getting very close to track, honestly after this Thanksgiving weekend I think it will be ready for a next Wednesday night test and tune! Will be driving it to work next week to ensure, everything is tight and driveability is good.

Have connector for my wideband to computer as well so will be able to dial in the jet size using that as expecting to have to make some changes in the upper rpms, I will say the extensive starter rebuild I did helped, car has never cranked so easy! Also fixed a few grounding issues and man it's running best ever currently!!!!
    Last edited by bahndrvr; 11-27-2019 at 11:30 AM.

FYI, sound deadener, carpet will all go back in, rear seat delete will be made, and I'm thinking sheet metal dash and guage panel down to the stock center/armrest. Have no intention of leaving it gutted, but will be redoing harness for only items needed, and since A/C and Heat were removed, I will not put them back in - at least with this engine setup perhaps way down the road in the future!

With that being stated - 1983 Interior pieces for sale.

FEP Supporter

While the wheels aren't my favorites, the car looks great. You have put a lot of work into it!

I have a double garage to work in but I am jealous of you having the garage door open and being able to work in the driveway in the nice weather still

We've had winter weather and snow on the ground for a while. It was a really short driving season for us this year...

Man, alot of time in the car recently as getting so close can taste it, ok maybe that's rust and metal shavings from putting the spherical bushings in this weekend...

A few weeks ago - got the southsides all tacked in and with the dual bolts through to set the pinion angle. Also put the top and bottom spring insulators in Poly and the rear sits pretty much perfect now! Decided that before I offically locked in the rear uppers I needed to have it finalized, so took the time this weekend to install the Spherical bushings up top - drivers side came out and went in FAST, then my Air hammer broke... Passenger side took me around an hour but it's all in. Will lock in pinion angle with the upper double adjustable's and call it done.

Took the fan shroud and reverse running e-fan off the FRONT of the the radiator, attempted to mount fan and shroud on proper side with proper fan rotation but aluminum shroud would not fit with the 3 core and electric water pump. So I threw the fan on directly, I have another fan and between the two will cover the back side completely. I also have the temp controller that can control both fans. May throw duals on with no shroud. In modifying the shroud I broke it as well

I ordered a proper Bypass FPR - just a Holley 12-887 IIRC but it won't arrive till Christmas week. Ordered up the remaining AN fittings I needed to install the 8an PTFE hose (mainly the 3x3/8 NPT for the new FPR) that I have and will run Fuel delivery up passenger side, and return as well more than likely, unsure if going with the existing 6an hard line and mixture or not but will decided once have it all in front of me.

Started on the Dash - made center dash and center console taking several hours, then proved what I already knew, you can not weld thin sheet with stick - my Flux is broken. So will use what I already bent and braze center section - also decided the first go was too elaborate, so just going straight down, will add in the console part later.

Have pipe to make some turndowns to throw on rear of the mufflers, mainly just waiting till after Christmas for some of the welding items as I will have a new mig setup shortly after!!!! Once I have that will more than likely put some v-bands I have in, finish welding the seams in torque boxes and battle box stuff, as well as all of the metal patching - already taken the time and cut the metal to fill all the holes in entire floorpan, and weld the base plates in fully for the cage

Oh, forgot I sealed and installed the SVO taillights - the LX tails were just not working - will take down, clean up and more than likely seal and sell them.

Quote Originally Posted by 82GTforME View Post
    While the wheels aren't my favorites, the car looks great. You have put a lot of work into it!

I have a double garage to work in but I am jealous of you having the garage door open and being able to work in the driveway in the nice weather still

We've had winter weather and snow on the ground for a while. It was a really short driving season for us this year...
    Yeah I absolutely don't like the wheels, well I don't mind the rears but would like some different front's, that reminds me I picked up some 1999 35th Anniversary Edition 17x8's for 60 bucks - ALL 4!!!!! The wheels are in phenomenal shape and I have been watching for a set of these, was expecting to pay 4-500 so love this, guy was a Drifter and had a 240sx! Throwing pic on here if you don't know which ones they are Also decided as I'm a 1 and done guy when I do the 5 lug swap - Have everything now except the master cylinder - I will be going full manual swap on the Cobra brakes So need to run all new lines up front and going with the JEGS manual setup - has the Strange 1 1/8th dual master - will add the MM pedal is required or modify my stock pedal.

The tires are crap, and will do the 5 lug, Cobra brakes, and all the brake stuff at the same time. so until I save pennies for tires won't be doing 5 lug swap.

As for the weather - I love the temps now - it's 60's in the evenings, worked on car till 3am then other night.

Oh yeah - tailpipes had to come off - at least for now - the were hitting the fuel lines as well as the distribution block on top of the rear axle for brakes. May try one last time to get them to fit after i run the fuel lines and brakes - but may be selling them and running dumps. Like I said, alot of time on the car recently, can't keep up with all I have gotten done!

Damn, been a while!

Lots done since last update:
    Fuel system has come out - started lines but waiting on 2 8an ends for my filter setup that they did not send, then will have feed line, new regulator, and return to plumb up, just have to put in place. Including a pic of the filter that was in the car, had not removed due to being above the tank...

Picked up the new welder - just went with Eastwood 135 and expected to be underwhelmed but holy ****, love this thing! Ran through my 1 lb spool of wire and about half my 80 tank fast. have a 10lb spool of 023 arriving today

Modified and put the 3" tailpipes back in - will tinker a bit more, but it's in place and "almost" perfect.

The torque box re-enforcement are all welded Want to stitch weld the boxes underneath but not super high on priority list at this time. All are sealed as well.

Passenger floorpan and roll cage welded in and patched properly. Drivers side only needs some stitch welding on the floorpan, firewall is completely done.

All trim was removed, sanded, prepped and painted with SEM black. Looks amazing was a chore but done. The rear window is obviously not in place, but will remove the window, cut out the rust and patch it up Very soon!

After the rear window is patched and put in place, will then prep all of the firewall, floor pan, rear seat area, and roof then put the 80 and 50mm Butyl sound deadener on it. I don't mind adding 20 lbs of deadener to the car as in the beginning this will primarily be a to and from 1/4 mile car, eventually it will be a daily driver and more than likely IRS, coilovers, MM front k and arms and 6 speed manual. I'm moving from Florida to Tennessee and the usage will change once that happens, and not initially not until i blow this engine etc.

Picked up my 5 lug wheels, selling the 35 th anniversary wheels I bought and will be big and littles again Oh picked up dual fuel filters forgot about that, hence the fuel system waiting for the an fittings.

Welded up the lower arms as well, it's getting closer, but my OCD keeps finding other stuff however the list is shorter, decided to hold off on the metal dash, the full interior will be going back in, already fixed the doors and windows while had it apart, need to mess with the passenger side again as there is still a little slop when rolling up and down. Anyway here are some random pictures.

A few weeks later which is now essentially:

While waiting for the wire I started on the fuel system to finalize, after going back and forth finally decided the route, went ahead and purchased a few more 8AN fittings and 12 more feet of PTFE. So it will be 8AN feed and return, blocking off one side of the rear sump, and using an 8AN bulkhead fitting for return to the top of the tank. While at it purchased a new fuel log for the Carb and pulling it off and cleaning it all tonight, no jets purchased yet, but will be on it soon!

After Alot of research I decided to go with the "newer" thought process for the Fuel Pressure regulator, I'm attaching my pic of my fuel system diagram but I'm running the FPR and return After the fuel log and After the carb. Plan is to get the tank dropped, all lines removed, carb removed, and run the lines tonight.

It's differnet adding pics so just a few. The torque boxes complete, floorpan's done, and firewall has one hole left to fill as i ran out of wire. Fuel lines are done except for the main hose from the pump, and the return from the bypass as well as the bulkhead fitting for the return. Probably get that done tonight

Sunday hoping to drive a bit, and then back into the garage and pull the back window, then start on the metal repair around the window!

The wheels and tires will be awesome, will run the 15's in the front for a bit and look for some 17x4's to replace them as not a fan of running the spacers. Just need master cylinder to have everything for the brakes and 5 lug swap. Just been focusing on the fuel and metal repair so far!

Man, i'm slacking on the updates here! Here are some from the last month or so - COVID Work from Home has been Amazing for getting stuff done!!!

Oh, seeing as it's been really long since the update - I sold the 35th anniversary wheels as well, but have new shoes and brakes on now as you'll see in a bit

This was from first week of working from home for COVID19:

Well couldnt take it, rear window is out, stripped, all rust removed, prepped and primed. Now have to weld some stuff in and will use fiberglass some as well and stay away from bondo in there. May go to a paint shop and get a couple of cans matched and a good 2 stage clear but know I'm getting the whole car blasted when I get to my next house, and a repaint. Also discovered the original car color certain oy looks like a Bimini blue and damn mice, will probably go back to that color.

Anyway, its prepped and primed, when I rebuilt the carb saw a Pink spring in the 850 VS so ordererd a quick change kit and now have a yellow spring to try and tune it out. Will be focusing on jetting, and power valves as they remain unchanged = Front 78 jet and 6.5 PV, Rear = 82 jet and 4.5 PV. Will add more on a bit, have to run for now.
    After that I did order the quick change vaccum setup - and have a long yellow spring in it now! The Carb setup is not ideal, but I will dial it in before I just throw it off and start with a smaller one! Want to get only one more carb, although I am loving adjusting so may not go to Fuel injection as long as running a pushrod based motor Hopefully when I buy another carb it will be 750 mech secondary, E85 blow through setup, so alot of fudns needed before I make that jump

Also this is from the second week workign from home: But For those that are too cheap to pay for the assembled SN95/Cobra Brakes onto a Foxbody -
    here are the Actual part numbers you need to adapt the lines

Rear x 2:
    American Grease Stick Adapter Fitting
    Part # BLF22B Line AGS

Front x 1:
    American Grease Stick Adapter Fitting
    Part # BLF23B Line AGS

Have to go into work tomorrow, but the rear is all done - however noticed the rear diff is leaking a bit... I used gasket maker not RTV, may drain and put back in with RTV instead of the Permatex Fuel safe gasket maker - I don't think I got it thick enough - but it's the UPR rear cover More coming soon!

And this is from today:
    This is just catching up a little better how much I have actually gotten done Since I started working from home 3 days a week, I basically do everying as normal in the mornings, but around 1pm I transition out to the garage with the computer setup so I can hear any calls, emails, or chats and I jump on Loving this, interior stuff I wil lbe doing at night and in the evenings, it's way to damn hot to be outside so will be starting that all tonight

Interior:

- Full floor sound deadening up to firewall, and back to rear seat area = 80mm butyl

- Carpet and jute back in

- Lower dash back in

- Cleaning up harness wires from fuse box at this time

- In process of modifying the guage cluster ATT

Exterior:

- Finished the rear window surround - metal welded in and patched and fiberglass to smooth out - no bondo at this time.

- Tinted rear window while out - it is a crap job but lowers the temp as it's 5% limo tint will redo but not a huge hurry

- Tinted rear quarter windows - they are good and will stay

- Have 20% tint to put on the front door windows - will do this evening or tonight.

- Rear fenders trimmed big time to fit the 15x10 and 275/60-15's - have to go back and seal and add some metal to tie in the new cuts to the inner fenders, going to BFH and make sure happy - may even do a mini tub as I have some 16 gauge sheet metal here - just need stuff to close up the frame cuts.

- 15x10 Weld's in Black with 275/60/15

- NEW Rovos 17x4.5 Black wheels - Achilles 175/55-17 tires mounted on them with Metal valve stems From American Muscle as could not fit the 15x3.5 Racestar fronts I had, they are strong and light

-

Drivetrain:

- Manual Brake adapter and pushrod in

- Brake light sensor relocated for manual brakes

- SVO master cylinder in

- New front hard brake lines

- Cobra 13" front rotors and calipers

- Rear GT rotors and calipers

- Stainless lines from caliper to hardline on all 4 corners

- Line lock plumbed - no power to it yet

- Bled the brakes and all is good - don't like how short the master SVO master cylinder is for full brake pedal effort - will change later and will end up redoing ALL Hard lines at that time!

- Lower ball-joints spaced for the 96+ spindles

- ARP 3" front wheel studs

- Lower ball joint Poly BJ boots - the QA1 ones were busted - just replaced the boots

- New front open end lug nuts

- Tie rod extensions and new boots (remember I'm manual rack and going to the 96+ I needed threads - Need alignment as I screwed up my caster/camber adjustment and tie rods are close but not good. Will attempt to setup prior to driving soon!!!

_ Rebuilt the Holley Blue Fuel Pump with a kit
    - Added a fuel shutoff valve Just before the fuel pump of course 8AN

That is all done. In order to drive again - need to actually hook up my rear brake light sensor - have it all there just need to change my plug in adapters and that's done. Oh, I have the new E-brake cables as well but need to modify the brake lever as shown online, and do the changes to how it hooks up but I have a good welder and some gas left in the tank for that portion I do have to get gas SOON, don't have enough to patch the inner fenders in the rear right now but have really been considering 3m Panel bond to install that stuff opposed to welding honestly.

Need to remount drivers seat, and finish the harness cleanup - testing etc, wire in the new race panel I have and build the relay boards out more.

Going to remove the crap automatic fan control - just use the relay setup I have to run to the race panel.

Plan is to run the Race panel with the following for now:

Start button - Ignition - Fuel Pump - Fan - have 3 others I can add to it so will see what else I end up with! Thought about the water pump but may not want to mess with that lol!

Will actually add some pic's in a few minutes - may add here or may just respond with pics of everything. I'm working from home so have been working on the car a lot in the afternoons while getting paid to work I have done more, but will try to catch it all up soon!

Next plans once all of that is done is good pics and sell a bunch of crap I have built up and not going to use. Then will build my rear seat delete, install and carpet. I will be putting a solid piece of metal on the back of the MDF when i do it and taking it up to the rear window as well as when I go to E85 I will get a plastic fuel cell.

hey I have a question, besides loving your build, but how did you get the car that high to place on wood blocks???
    2017 Ford Explorer Sport (DD) 1986 Capri 5.0 Silver/Red
    1969 Falcon XW GTHO coupe (SOLD) went to Australia
    Past 4 eyes-
    4th. 1981 Capri "White" Black Magic I6
    3rd. 1984 Capri RS V8 Black/grey
    2nd. 1984 Capri RS V8 White/red
    1st. 1984 SVO Grey/grey (traded it for a worn out 1970 BOSS 302)
    Both '84 Capri's vin# were 10 away from each other
    U.S. NAVY 1980-2009

Quote Originally Posted by NAVYCAT View Post
    hey I have a question, besides loving your build, but how did you get the car that high to place on wood blocks???
    When I had the boards too high, it was a nitemare: Jack up all the way, put on jackstands - then jack up off the jackstands to the wood using a 4x4 block that I have on the jack.

Now I lowered the blocks where they are level up front and rear as I got some more wood, and it's much easier - I have the abilty to chalk the front wheels, and jack up via rear pumpkin straight to the rear blocks. Front is the same using the bottom of my k-member I want to say I went from 16 total 2x4's in the rear to 12, but could be off.

We will be moving to Chatanooga, TN or Ringgold, Ga later this year - and I'm getting a seperate workshop - first thing i'm getting once we are settled is a 2 post lift This works for now, but it's not the best or safest, i will completely re-work my exhaust system once I get access to a lift as well V-bands at every connection - and then a set of spintech or black widow's to swap out for the flowfx mufflers etc.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast