Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by homer302 View Post
    Wowee Zowee! Looks GREAT! Good work. I love this car. Just curious, I know you said the seats are 1988 but what color upholstery did you order? The 1983 red or the 1988 Scarlet red? Just curious. Either way I think it looks terrific! How much money and hours of labor do you estimate you have in all of it?
    The 1988 Scarlett red upholstery is what I used. Its very close to the 83 medium red. I did goof on the new rear carpet though and got 1988 to match the seat covers. Turns out the rear carpet is cut slightly different, needed to get 1986 rear carpet in scarlett/medium red, but you win some and you lose some haha.

I wouldn't know where to start in estimating hours haha.

Thanks for the kind words.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Wow, I can't believe it's been over a year since I last posted in here. I've been spending a fair amount of time driving the car, and I've also continued some updates. The biggest change was actually removing the Kamei body kit. I then also put on some Eibach lowering springs, and a whole new exhaust. BBK longtubes, h-pipe, and magnaflow 15630 catback. I love the new sound. I'll post some more pictures later.

Latest picture.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Awesome that you are enjoying your GT. I just want to warn you that if you try and order 1986 red carpet that is going to be Canyon Red if going by the year. ACC can make the carpet in any color you need. You might consider ordering samples from ACC and then ordering directly from them or at least a vendor that will custom order the correct shade of red you need. Good Luck!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    Awesome that you are enjoying your GT. I just want to warn you that if you try and order 1986 red carpet that is going to be Canyon Red if going by the year. ACC can make the carpet in any color you need. You might consider ordering samples from ACC and then ordering directly from them or at least a vendor that will custom order the correct shade of red you need. Good Luck!
    So I haven't done it yet, and I'm probably not going to since the new carpet looks fine, it just doesn't fit perfectly in the back by the tail lights.

That said on CJPonyParts they actually have a Scarlet Red, and a Canyon Red option for 1986 rear carpet. Both are made by ACC. Probably because they span the years 1983-1986.

Looks SO much better without the fluff on the body.
    84 Capri RS Turbo
    Vinemont, AL (formerly El Mirage, AZ)
    USAF 1986-2007 (Ret)

FEP Senior Member

I like the latest look with the full body kit. Some body kits seem to work well (Saleen) and others make it look too busy. It’s nice too see you are enjoying it!

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

Would look good with some quality Tint. Maybe 35 percent all-around
    Last edited by Bryan Knebworth; 12-12-2021 at 01:43 PM.

Any updates for this beauty?
    84 Capri RS Turbo
    Vinemont, AL (formerly El Mirage, AZ)
    USAF 1986-2007 (Ret)

Nothing new at this point. Just been hitting some of the local cars shows and enjoying the car.

I think the next step will be to get some of the external paint flaws fixed. Maybe even have it completely painted.

Thanks for asking.

A serious transformation. thanks for sharing the updates and killer work on the interior
    Devin

1979 Mustang Cobra - IRS, MM Suspension, 302/t5
    Check out my build thread for tons of IRS info, and general restoration help. There's a little bit of everything -->goo.gl/krmqNz
    Pm's welcome if you have any questions

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123