I finally realized that I dont have blown 3-1/2's .

My stereo guy piggybacked the door speakers together with the front dash speakers. Since The Alpine amp I have is a 4 channel and I have 6 speakers in the car thats the way he did it. I have a loose connection, probably in the driver side door speaker and it causes the driver side front speakers to cut out and occasionally go back on.

Since I plan to add a pair of 1 inch tweeters I will end up with 8 speakers. My stereo guy suggested I get a second Alpine amp and run 4 and 4 to balance the load better and less problems balancing big and small speakers. What i want to do first of all is to run all new top quality speaker wire to the existing speakers that are still using stock speaker wiring. I assume I can just cap the unused stock wires and tack them securely.

next thing is I plan to remove the stock amp and make something to hold a pair of 1 inch tweeters and house them in the center grate where the amp is. I recall last time I tried to pull the stock amp there was a harness plug and a thick ground that I could not find the end of. I assumed it goes all the way to the harness. Am I gonna harm anything by cutting the ground wire? Should I attach the cut end to the dash somewhere to keep it grounded?