Close

Default Correct high beam indicator bulb with Ltd Lx tachometer option?

I just posted this in the Ltd lx threads but I thought asking here is also a good idea. Basically I'm looking to replace the 168 bulbs in my instrument cluster with dimmable LEDs ( also being discussed in this section of the forums) but when I pulled my cluster today I remembered that the high beam indicator bulb is much smaller in size than a 168/194. Does anyone with a factory tach know what bulb size this is? I'm looking online but everything is showing a 168 bulb. Clearly this isn't a 168 because its maybe half that size. All the others are 168 but not the mini bulb in question. I have a 140 speedometer from a police car and the factory tach from a mid 80s Ltd Lx.

The cluster is more or less a direct swap for my 80 Thunderbird. I did the swap years ago but finally getting around to upgrading the hard to see gauges at night. Thanks in advance for any help

I don't have the same car so I speak only with experience of bulbs, and not of YOUR bulb.
    The size down from the 198/194 push-in bulbs is a 37 (almost the same length, but the width/plug in part is half as wide as the 194).

In LEDs, the 194 is sometimes called a "T10" and the 37 is sometimes called a "T5" (for 10mm wide and 5mm wide plug-in base).

So hopefully the 37 is what you need; common in cars like the Focus (try "instrument lamp" for a 2002 2.0 DOHC Focus if they make you pick something).
    A lot of the Focus bulb replacements come with the little twist-in socket as well.

Thanks for the reply. That's a good starting point. Hopefully it is a 37 bulb. The way you describe it sounds just like the bulb I'm wondering about. On the cluster everything is a 168/194 bulb except for the high beam indicator. Ford used the smaller bulb because of the limited space . The indicator is integrated into the lower left portion of the tachometer.
    I was hoping to pick up a complete dimmable kit from National Parts Depot but the kits they offer are all designed for 79-86 or 87-93 mustangs... which apparently use all 168/194 size bulbs.

I just received my order of led bulbs today and it definitely is a #37.