Close

Default 84 LX 5.0 CFI Dashpot

I have an 84 LX with CFI setup. The original dashpot has this number E2VE-9E957-AB

I found one that looks exact but has a slightly different number. Is this part number compatible with mine?
    E2AE-9E957-BB

The "E2VE" is the part engineering number. The actual Ford part number for the dashpot is E3VY 9S520-A (or Motorcraft designation CD-69).

Whether or not the "E2AE" part number will work or not, I don't know. I do not specifically what carburetor it is for, but it is not for the EFI carb for either the 84 or 85 EFI carbs.

I did an internet search on the E3VY part number and found that it appears it also goes under these aftermarket parts suppliers numbers;

CarQuest 733109
    Standard D5131
    Wells/Duralast DP133
    Wells 1D1017

Whether or not you will find any of these is difficult to say, you will have to do a search on each part number. If you do find one of the aftremarket dashpots, confirm with the seller that it is compatible with the Ford part number.

I remember that other members have had a hard time finding these dashpots. I did find one place on rearcounter.com that shows having one of the Ford parts...

https://www.rearcounter.com/E3VY-9S5...rts196399.html

Good luck!
    If they take my stapler, then I'll set the building on fire...

85 Mustang GT