Close

Default New Mustang owner, 86 notch,

Hello everyone, my name is Ray and im from Chicago, Bought my first mustang the other day an 86 4cyl notch that im going to restore and V8 swap. im the second owner of the car and hopefully the last. My father had several mustangs going up, a 71 mach, a 65 coupe and an 88 notch and i decided i wanted a notch of my own since that was the only one in budget and frankly was my favorite car to ride in as a kid, any how here's a pic of the car, its almost totally stripped and ready for soda blasting in the coming weeks. will make a post to keep up to date on it at some point. Me and the old man are moving full steam a head on this one. Name:  IMG_20190227_170443.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  68.7 KB

Love that car!
    I had an ‘86 hatch in white with blue interior in high school,
    Your car brings back a lot of memories

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AldeanFan View Post
    Love that car!
    I had an ‘86 hatch in white with blue interior in high school,
    Your car brings back a lot of memories

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thats awesome, its funny this car has a gray interior and i was telling the guy when i bought it that i wish it had blue interior, he looked at me funny and said "you are weird" haha but the gray is nice, i think itll stay gray inside but im going to paint it dark ivy green metallic like the 70's mach 1's (like my fathers was)

Nice car. Welcome! Good luck with your build

Welcome to FEP.. Good luck with car, she looks good already..

Welcome to FEP! Good looking car!

FEP Senior Member

Looks like a pretty clean car. Have fun with your project.

Quote Originally Posted by Jkush463 View Post
    Thats awesome, its funny this car has a gray interior and i was telling the guy when i bought it that i wish it had blue interior, he looked at me funny and said "you are weird"
    Not sure what is so weird about that. White exterior with a blue interior looks good. Was he a millennial? Maybe he didn't realize automotive interiors used to come in colors other than beige and gray.
    '89 XR-7 5 Speed
    '95 SC 5 Speed
    '91 Crown Vic P72 351W
    '97 Thunderbird
    '85 Ford LTD Squire

nice! are you going back to white? i have a 86 here in chicago ridge, and almost ready for paint. i have a few ideas but not 100% on what color im going with. ill be spraying out a few test panels and see what i like.