Close

Default Convertibles and Cats.

So I noticed that the neighborhood Cats love to relax on my top. Maybe it's because it's soft or whatever... Who knows what goes through cats minds lol. Any of you guys have that issue? And if so what have you done about it. Damn paw prints on my black top isn't the best look.
    1984 convertible 5.0 auto.

See if a toy snake works. I've done that before with success.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

No neighbor's cat belongs on anyone else's car except their own. Try the snake idea...sounds like the least harmful way. I'm going to refrain from saying any more so not to offend the cat owners in here
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

We have cats and convertibles... yes they love to curl up on the roof of the car. We bought a shock pad for the trunk and hood and that works fairly well as long as you remember to put them on at night. Cats are smart, you don't put them on, the are back on the roof in a short time. The pads run about $30 each and run off batteries. Not a brutal shock, but gets their attention (and yours too when you forget to turn it off before grabbing it).

Kenny

Oh hell i totally forgot we had the scat mats lol thanks for reminding me. Total brain fart.
    1984 convertible 5.0 auto.

Dam cats
    They climbed up on the roof and used it as a launch pad to get at birds on the house gutter and roof.
    Car was parked few feet away from friends house in side yard after i pulled the engine.
    Ruined a new 120.00 car cover. Tore it up in one area on the roof and scratched the paint under it..
    Moved car over next to fence and neighbors dog.

when I had my 95 parts car and it was a rag top, my cat also loved to lay on the top.....
    2017 Ford Explorer Sport (DD) 1986 Capri 5.0 Silver/Red
    1969 Falcon XW GTHO coupe (SOLD) went to Australia
    Past 4 eyes-
    4th. 1981 Capri "White" Black Magic I6
    3rd. 1984 Capri RS V8 Black/grey
    2nd. 1984 Capri RS V8 White/red
    1st. 1984 SVO Grey/grey (traded it for a worn out 1970 BOSS 302)
    Both '84 Capri's vin# were 10 away from each other
    U.S. NAVY 1980-2009

Yep i have the same problem with my garage cats and the neighbors cats that come visit. I've given up and just laid a old bed sheet up there. Cause if u think paw prints are bad try scrubbing off cat puke. Not fun.

Got to love neighbor's pets! When I had my RS garaged for 10 years with no engine or trans in it, a cat was sneaking into my garage through a broken vent screen under a bench and climbing up into the car through the trans tunnel shifter hole and pissing on the drivers seat and sleeping on the passenger seat for at least a few years until I realized it was happening. Needless to say I was pretty happy when I found out!

I had a car cover on the car so I didn't notice it until I needed to get something out of the car a few years later.

It only took 15 years and a crap load of clothes dryer sheets for the cat piss smell to fade on my factory seats. Just need to get them recovered now.

Robert
    1984 RS 347 Capri, To many car parts to list, check out my car build page here for the story on my car and a full parts list/setup!:

My RS in Action

I have a neighbor cat that likes to do that on my vert as well. And with the cover it makes it even more of a nice place to sleep. So far it has not damaged anything but I use cheap covers anyhow.
    My cat will never do that as he is an indoor only.

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White