I am beginning to dig it to this car and get it to where it is running properly. I bought it knowing that it didn't run well at all. I pulled the plugs and they are totally black so this car was running very rich. I am going to rebuild the carb although someone has all ready been into this carb. The idle mixture screw was all the way in and fully seated. The old gentleman that I purchased it from was mechanically clueless and he told me one of his friends had messed with the timing and carb. I am going to change timing gears to an early set to eliminate the built in retard then reset the timing prior to start up and try to establish a base line. I am having to relearn all I used to know about carburetors and mechanical timing as I have not touched one in 20 years. I want to get rid of all this emissions crap. I had forgotten just how ridiculous it all is. I owned probably four fairmonts back in the mid to late eighties and early nineties. Now I am back at it again. Any suggestions are certainly welcomed. Thanks Jerry