Close

Default T fitting - Oil pressure sending unit

I have a mechanical oil pressure gauge I'm hooking up, but wouldn't mind for belt and suspenders keeping the dummy light active. I've heard of a T-fitting to do so...is there a PN I could use? Or am I best off taking off the current electrical fitting with me to a Lowes/Home depot and digging around the plumbing section?

Grant get yourself a Oil Pressure Sending Extensions C2OZ-9B339-A it will make it so much easier to work on. They sell em on ebay and other places to.

Looks like 'A' suffix is single hole, 'DP' is 2 port?
    Whatever, do not use brass pipe for extension. Too soft or thin in thread area.
    Brass tee ok. Found iron pipe and tees work fine too.

Yeah, I just went to the hardware store and picked one up with the correct threads as mentioned above.
    1984.5 G.T.350 5.0 CFI AOD Convertible (TRX package, loaded)
    K&N filter in a stock dual snorkel, GT40 heads, Edelbrock 3721 intake, MSD 8456 Dist., MSD 8227 coil
    Comp cams XE254H, hypereutectic pistons
    Hooker Super Comp Shorty Equal Length Headers, catted BBK H-pipe, full custom duals
    Maximum Motorsports caster/camber plates and strut tower brace, 3.73 rear, dura grip (both Yukon)
    Ford Performance Springs, Firehawk A/S 225/55r16 on LMR TRX r390 wheels (street)
    Federal 595 rs-rr 245/40r17 and 255/40r17 on OE cobra r wheels (race)
    AOD rebuilt with a 6 clutch direct drum, Koline steels stacked with 8 clutches, Kevlar band, superior shift kit, new torque converter. --Everything else stock and fully functional.

Thanks everyone...and good to see you on board here Gary!

Anyone know what size the fitting is? I tried getting an 11mm, 12mm, 7/16 and 1/2 on it, and the big ones were too big and the small ones too small. Guessing it's like a 15/32"?

FEP Power Member

Quote Originally Posted by Str8sixfan View Post
    Anyone know what size the fitting is? I tried getting an 11mm, 12mm, 7/16 and 1/2 on it, and the big ones were too big and the small ones too small. Guessing it's like a 15/32"?
    ..1/4"
    Original Member of 'The Anti-Cowl Hood Club' and 'The Ten-Hole Mafia'.