Close

Default Stainless braided front hoses

Hello guys!

I hope all are doing well.

I am planning to upgrade my front 84 LX brakes to 87+ 11" rotors and calipers, I got all the parts required for the swap. I got Russell's front braided stainless brake hoses too.

The rear end was swapped from a 7.5 to an 8.8, but rear brake hard lines from the 7.5 were used, so my rear brake hose is a passenger side type OEM hose that was use for a single exhaust cars. So the Russell's rear hose will not fit.

Since I cannot find that specific (7.5) rear hose in stainless steel, i have ordered a new rubber one just to replace the old one.

Will I run into any problems using front stainless steel braided brake hoses with a new rubber rear brake hose? Will I gain any benefits from this set up?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

The rubber hose should be just fine. Stainless lines will last a lot longer and can provide a bit more firm brake feel as they are not prone to stretching under pressure as rubber hoses are. Being that it is your rear hose only that will be rubber and that the front brakes do the majority of the braking, you likely will not notice any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by BMW Rider View Post
    The rubber hose should be just fine. Stainless lines will last a lot longer and can provide a bit more firm brake feel as they are not prone to stretching under pressure as rubber hoses are. Being that it is your rear hose only that will be rubber and that the front brakes do the majority of the braking, you likely will not notice any issues.
    Perfect! Thank you so much for your feedback!!

Have stainless braided lines in front with SN95 spindles, 99-04 calipers, drilled/slotted Baer rotors, performance friction front pads, 95GT rear axle and brakes. Adjustable proportioning valve, all hoses in back are rubber. Master cyl is a M1858 1” bore with stock booster. Wish I would have went with a 73 Torino as then it would have been a direct bolt-on for both lines.

Anyway - car stops on a dime. You should be fine with yours.

I did the exact same swap on my 84 Cougar and had to use a rubber replacement on the back as well. No issues after 5+ years.
    Still trying to come up with a DOT approved stainless steel rear replacement.
    84 Cougar, 90 HO with 700DP, Edelbrock RPM intake, 1.7 RRs, shorty's and SS exh, T-5, KC clutch, Hurst pro billet, line loc, 8.8, 4.10s, suspension mods....blah, blah,blah.

71 Comet, 289, Liberty TL, 9", 6.00s, 11.9x @ 112.... blah, blah, blah.