So I just recently picked up a 1984 LTD 3.8L. I once owned an 85 ltd and kept it stock. Ran it for several years before selling. I always wanted one back and I am so excited. This time I want to swap the 3.8 out for a 302 and add an 8.8 rear. From what I understand, its a fairly simple swap. I do have some questions however.

I want to ditch the EFI from the 3.8 and stick to a carbed setup. I would like to have a older 302/289 with a c4(Ihave a 66 Fairlane with the same setup and I know it). What wiring needs to be switched out from the LTD harness.

I guess I basically need to start putting together a shopping list of parts, what should I be looking for? Thanks!!

Here are a couple pics of the new girl, they are a couple years old but it hasnt changed much

Name:  1984-ford-ltd-brougham-43k-original-miles-garage-kept-no-lx-or-mustang-buy-now-3.jpg
Views: 1005
Size:  90.0 KBName:  1984-ford-ltd-brougham-43k-original-miles-garage-kept-no-lx-or-mustang-buy-now-2.jpg
Views: 783
Size:  68.6 KBName:  1984-ford-ltd-brougham-43k-original-miles-garage-kept-no-lx-or-mustang-buy-now-4.jpg
Views: 942
Size:  63.3 KB