Close

Thread: 1986 coupe 5.0

Default 1986 coupe 5.0

i was wondering how rare the 8Y Dark Clove Brown Metallic color is? someone painted the car black, but the engine bay is still original. also the interior is black. is there any way to know if thats the original color for the interior? i was thinking of painting it back to the brown if it was a rare car. i have the vin, but there is no door tag, no buck tag and im still looking for the build sheet.

1FABP26M4GF271473

i think i saw somewhere 24 coups in this color for 86, but not the interior color. thanks for all and any help.

According to the Fox-Body Mustang Recognition Guide - I don't trust that book because there is so much wrong in it, including wrong production numbers - there were 24 1986 P26M (2-door sedan 5.0L) painted 8Y. Numbers in that book are only for 2.3T and 5.0L models so that "coupe" production number is only for 5.0L coupes. It does not include P26A (2-door sedan 2.3L) or P263 (2-door sedan 3.8L).

Black interior is not original. There was no black interior available from 1984 through 1989.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

thanks for the quick reply. now, what to do with it. lol.

FEP Super Member 79mustangcobra's Avatar

Why not get a Deluxe Marti report on your Mustang?
    1979 Mustang Cobra 5.0
    2P Red and 1C Black

Stock never goes out of style
    MCA #70281 - 79-93 MCA Concours Judge
    Proverbs 3:5-6

My Mustang Story
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...71#post1688371

thought about it..