http://www.mustangandfords.com/featu...stang-monthly/
    1979 Mustang Cobra 5.0
    2P Red and 1C Black

Stock never goes out of style
    MCA #70281 - 79-93 MCA Concours Judge
    Proverbs 3:5-6

My Mustang Story
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...71#post1688371

what I cant understand is that there are less mustang mags and the remaining are even thinner now? you would thing they would have more pages???
    2017 Ford Explorer Sport (DD) 1986 Capri 5.0 Silver/Red
    1969 Falcon XW GTHO coupe (SOLD) went to Australia
    Past 4 eyes-
    4th. 1981 Capri "White" Black Magic I6
    3rd. 1984 Capri RS V8 Black/grey
    2nd. 1984 Capri RS V8 White/red
    1st. 1984 SVO Grey/grey (traded it for a worn out 1970 BOSS 302)
    Both '84 Capri's vin# were 10 away from each other
    U.S. NAVY 1980-2009

The cutoff should be 2004 and back. Group Fox with other analog cars to which they have more in common with.
    The newer 'digital' cars are not quite at restore stage. Major mod changes are few being already maxed out from factory.
    But then, who are they going to get to write about them? Old people?

I've definitely noticed that in order for a Fox to be featured in MM&FF it needs to be pretty extreme. Like he says, 1200 hp drag cars and such. That kind of thing definitely does not interest me as much as a nicely done interior. Most of the time when people have engines with that kind of capability, they didn't even build it themselves.

I guess I'll have to get myself a subscription to Mustang Monthly and see how this develops. Exciting news for the early Fox community!
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

FEP Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrEFI View Post
    I've definitely noticed that in order for a Fox to be featured in MM&FF it needs to be pretty extreme.
    They will have a few this year from Mustang Week last year, and they are not too extreme. Tastefully modded, and clean. But it seems in these cases they have $50k into them. I have yet to see any that aren't extreme HP as mentioned, or that aren't beyond what most would spend on a Foxbody. I guess that's why they are the pinnacle for a magazine feature.
    Join The Conversation
    http://www.youtube.com/basinmotorsports

'86 Hatchback V6 / Auto Restomod (For Sale)

Yeah, Foxes have to really be standouts, but they are perfectly happy to include any stupid S197 with a cold air intake in the reader's rides.
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

I usually look for those in my rear view mirror — where they are most at home and seem to belong.

It’s been a long crappy week and I have a pile of crap to do tomorrow and fly out again Sunday so it might be the grumpy side of me talking ...... but Anyone who wants to say foxbody Mustang is not a Mustang can go suck on a rock with the rest of the camp that “hates mustangs”

I listened to enough crap back in the 90’s I guess. Over time I dragged at least one of every “real muscle car” ever made right down the 1320 on my way past go to collect the wager the owner’s ego made that their wallet now gets to cash. Reminds me — Thanks for the food and rent money, a-holes.

Those who know me well know that I’m a nice and respectful person. I sure try hard to be. Well — right up until people start acting how they acted back then and there is certainly a camp that acts that way now too.

Oh well, don’t like my cars.... suite yourself. More for me. But don’t expect me to shake your hand and congratulate you for it, or go easy on your super great walk on water holy grail whatever the hell you said to avoid hurting your little boo boo feelings.

I believe the saying is - When the clutch drops the bull**** stops. not sure who the original author was, but it’s a good saying

Laughed on my way to breakfast this morning. There was a Chevy truck broke down beside the road. It had this enormous windshield banner that said “BAD CHEVY”. Is 3rd time this winter I’ve seen it along the side of the road.

One can assume there are few GOOD cars sitting next to the road during rush hour— three times in a few months.

Those who know how damn many rides my four eyed fox has give GM owners to the parts store and back over the years do completely get my sense of humor on this one. You will be happy to know I resisted the urge to stop in my truck and ask the owner if there is any other kind of Chevy. BAD

MM+FF has turned into a shadow of its former self. Used to be 300+ pages with some good tech. Now it just seems to be new cars with a $8000 supercharger kit and exhaust. A while back I dropped them and kept 5.0 mustang. They got canceled and I got stuck with MM+FF again. I let it run out at the end of 2018. If Mustang Monthly is going to cover fox mustangs I would consider subscribing to them again.

Jess
    Previously owned;
    1979 Mustang, v6 swapped to EFI 393, custom installed m122 blower, 4r70w trans, Megasquirt II, T-top swaped in.
    1990 Mustang, 545 BBF, C-4 with brake, ladder bars.
    1983 Mustang, 1984 SVO Mustang
    1984 Mustang convertible, v6 swapped to 351
    1986 Mustang GT, 1989 Mustang GT convertible
    1992 Mustang coupe, 4 swapped to 302

In my opinion, the best Mustang magazine (by far) is Mustang Times, the monthly published by Mustang Club of America. Donald Farr is the editor.
    Bob in Lebanon, TN
    79 original owner six cylinder coupe
    MCA Gold Card judge for 3rd Generation cars

FEP Super Member 79mustangcobra's Avatar

Bob, I agree with you there. As you know Mustang Monthly had Donald Farr as the editor for many years, and it was suburb.
    1979 Mustang Cobra 5.0
    2P Red and 1C Black

Stock never goes out of style
    MCA #70281 - 79-93 MCA Concours Judge
    Proverbs 3:5-6

My Mustang Story
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...71#post1688371

FEP Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrEFI View Post
    Yeah, Foxes have to really be standouts, but they are perfectly happy to include any stupid S197 with a cold air intake in the reader's rides.
    Foxes have been around so long, there isn't anything that hasn't been done to them. MM&FF only show Foxes with Ford powerplants, so that immediately reduces the number out there and makes it so anything from them has to be outrageous. I submitted my widebody to Reader's Rides to try and break the cycle of mostly showing newer S197+ rides with bolt-ons. I'll have it out at a few shows this year too, so maybe they can see it in person. Having another magazine showcase Foxes is good, and I just hope it isn't a once per quarter deal to drive up subscriptions with little follow through.