Close

FEP Senior Member

Default Bought myself a foxbody model.

Well I was around 7-8 when my parents bought my first model car. I never realized that it was the IMSA Motorcraft mustang. Fast forward to earlier this year I picked up Christine and built it.

Gave me the appetite for another. I was looking through ebay when I found another imsa four eye. The 7 eleven Jenner car for 17 dollars.

Decided to build it painted like my own car. So emerald green, grey bottom and flat black hood.

More pics to follow!

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
    1985 Mustang Canadian Cobra
    It ain't Pretty but it doesn't care

That's cool! I have the exact same model. I have yet to build it, but one of these days.

I also have a pair of the ole' GMP diecast IMSA Mustangs like the two pictured below.

Name:  IMSA diecasts.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  77.8 KB

Unfortunately those are not mine, but I can't find any of my pictures on my laptop right now. I also have the prototype GMP diecast IMSA Mustang of the Bruce Jenner 7-Eleven car post race (Mid Ohio IIRC) that was never produced. Really cool diecast too!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Ebay is a bad thing, I was eyeing that model but I have to build these first..Name:  m-z_bcg5st4bvY4vgIpoA3lYzrG5sIykN0EpjIcE6AVoJxtkhLuymlPCjh4fuxdyES7fFTMtgOynlvnTM1QgWPjvKhsuW22I.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  160.6 KB
    Current rides:
    89 LX 5.0, 5 -spd..the Lemon
    86 RS Capri 5.0 Auto...
    86 LX Colorado SSP 5.0 5-spd (Sadly Sold)
    85.5 SVO, Finally Got Boost
    83 RS Capri 5.0, 5-spd (another sadly sold)

FEP Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by onetrackrider View Post
    Ebay is a bad thing, I was eyeing that model but I have to build these first..Name:  m-z_bcg5st4bvY4vgIpoA3lYzrG5sIykN0EpjIcE6AVoJxtkhLuymlPCjh4fuxdyES7fFTMtgOynlvnTM1QgWPjvKhsuW22I.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  160.6 KB

I owned 4 of those models haha! One at a time!

Oh and....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MPC-1983-Fo...MAAOSw~65cZz~Q
    Last edited by Killingcivics; 02-19-2019 at 09:28 PM.

The top shelf in my spare room's closet looks like that, but 90% of them are Mustangs.
    79 Mustang Coupe - Jade Green Metallic - 5.0 5Sp - Purchased 2006
    17 Mustang Convertible - Triple Yellow Tri-Coat - 3.7l Auto - Purchased 2020
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    01 Mustang - 3.8 Auto True Blue - Oct 2001- Apr 2022 RIP
    85 ASC - McLaren 5.0 SC - ASC White - 5.0 CFI Auto - Owned 2004 - 2016
    98 Mustang - White - 3.8 5pd - Owned 1998 - 2001
    84 Mustang SSP - White - 5.0 5sp - Owned 1993 - 1998
    84 SVO - Charcoal - 2.3t 5Sp - Owned 1989 -1992
    79 Mustang Ghia - 5.0 Auto - Owned 1981 - 1986
    68 Mustang Coupe - 302 Auto, Yellow - Owned 1980 - 1981

I used to build a lot of plastic models during my teen years and most of them were cars. I dug up a couple old pics for your amusement.

This one is from my room in 1966. Notice the visible V8 model which I thought was really cool.

I guess I thought of myself as a budding photographer when I took this one showcasing two of my models.

I'm sure I still have most of my car models stashed away up in the attic although I haven't seen them in quite a few years.
    408/T5/3.73's

We're not fast racers, we're more what's known as half fast racers.

All my kits are in storage right now, it's killing me as I love building models but no space in my tiny apartment.

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

Yes, EBAY=EVIL.......

Attachment 126461
    Last edited by conmech; 02-23-2019 at 03:56 PM.
    conmech - aka Marshall
    Pending build-1983 Mercury Capri RS NOT staying as it left the showroom floor......
    Sonic blue pearl, sand beige, netted halos, FR500 wheels and shiny under the hood.

Forgot had these. Models were and are summer projects here (open windows to vent glue fumes).

Name:  models turbo3.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  75.5 KB

FEP Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by conmech View Post
    Yes, EBAY=EVIL.......

Attachment 126461
    Now that is a collection as with gr79 this will probably end up a summer project as winter and snow don't do good paintjobs and painting inside umm well leads to bad decisions.

Yup.......i have the ebay flu too.......lolName:  20190224_101344.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  94.7 KB

Not sure how to straightn the pic......all custom mustangs.Name:  20190224_101429.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  83.9 KB

Most pc picture viewing program can rotate photos. Download pic from phone to pc to edit. Windows Live Photo Gallery will not edit.
    If using smartphone, try taking pic holding phone 'sideways' with both hands, not 'upright', or use phone's pic edit program.
    My Samsung Galaxy photo edit option includes pic rotation via 'adjustment, rotate'. Apply and save changes.

Parent's house had attached enclosed patio, the sheltered summer play area. Excellent lighting and ventilation thru the windows.
    All the windows opened if desired. That memory of 1960's-70's summers will always be related to model building.

Still have the card table that supported many model builds, jigsaw puzzles, Legos, games, and shaky extra holiday table space.
    Jigsaw puzzles were and still are January-March projects. Table was moved inside into the family room next to the TV.

Table surface has slits from X-ACTO knife (still have it), paint over spray, dried glue. The bumpy, taped surface card table.
    Recovered over the table's vintage cut vinyl with JoAnn Fabrics thick marine black vinyl. Looks better than new. Still shaky.
    Family laughs when they see the table again. It looks stronger than in the black grey white plaid pattern days but is not.

All the brown JC Penny 70's era metal window blinds, that hummed when the wind blew thru, are now on my house windows.
    Can recreate the table and wind thru blinds to set the mood again for model building. Even have a door wall nearby, like back then.
    Only diff is area is now my living room area, not a enclosed patio. But that is living!

I have a Galaxy 7 phone....ill check the settings.

I take photos holding the phone like a vintage P&S film camera, sideways with 2 hands, screen buttons on the right.
    More of a steady position. Good for bar code scanning, internet, larger keyboard too.
    Taking a pic with phone upright, image is saved that way, even if phone is rotated after to view it wider.

Phone photo editing:
    When in phone's Gallery app or Photo mode:
    Single tap a pic, which brings up the Share-Edit-Delete toolbar menu on the bottom of screen.
    Tap Edit. Menu 2 will appear. 'Adjustment' is on bottom far left. Tap that to get 3rd menu with rotate option.
    When done, tap apply, top right of screen. Then save.

PC editing of photo:
    Photos, videos on phone can be accessed, added, transferred, deleted, using a usb cable from phone to pc.
    Also charges phone while doing this stuff. Dollar store usb data cables, with correct ends, work fine.
    In popup menu on phone, allow phone to let PC access files. On PC popup menu, allow PC to open phone files.
    Tasks can now be done on PC screen and keyboard, accessing phone like another hard drive.

In MS Windows (XP for one), open pic in Windows Picture and Fax Viewer, Fax and Scan, or Photo viewer.
    Pic and Fax (XP), good old MS Paint, have rotate option. Saving the change will keep it rotated correctly.
    Other photo editing software can do the same.