Close

Default Futura seat belts?

Ok they are light blue and the passenger side wont stay tight and the RR will not come out. My wife wont ride in it unless it is safe(she can barely cope with the ugly car part lol)
    Is there replacements anywhere?? What to do?

There are two replacement options.
    1 is to find used ones. But junkyards will not sell them due to liability issues. So private sellers are your only choice there.
    2. Check out some of the mustang vendors to see what they might offer. You can buy universal belts but they are not auto retractable though.
    Current Mustangs
    1966 6 cylinder coupe
    1984 SVO 9W
    1985 Saleen #132

Hmmms...... once upon a time ___ wife loved the car and begged to drive it and was willing to try about anything in it. Fast forward to not anymore.

Heres how it plays out: First one excuse then another and another. Then by golly have to sell it and she says it’s the car or the wife. Maybe bull**** is called maybe the car gets sold.

Easy solution? Make it SAFE. And I do mean SAFE! Buy about a 73 point roll cage and call it a win.

ok now, wipe up the coffee or bourbon you spit everywhere and laugh with the rest of us!

About as sad as the last 10 minutes of Lassie isn’t it. But true

Quote Originally Posted by erratic50 View Post
    Hmmms...... once upon a time ___ wife loved the car and begged to drive it and was willing to try about anything in it. Fast forward to not anymore.

Heres how it plays out: First one excuse then another and another. Then by golly have to sell it and she says it’s the car or the wife. Maybe bull**** is called maybe the car gets sold.

Easy solution? Make it SAFE. And I do mean SAFE! Buy about a 73 point roll cage and call it a win.

ok now, wipe up the coffee or bourbon you spit everywhere and laugh with the rest of us!

About as sad as the last 10 minutes of Lassie isn’t it. But true
    Oh never selling it. Too much $$$ already.
    Roll cages make ur pumpkin go boom on side impacts on the street. And.. I am 6'5" so the Futura with the bench seat that I think the seat back lets me look at the sky/headliner when I sit back. And no idea wtf ford was thinking but a 4 year old would have no place for thier legs with the seat back.
    I look like Mcgilla the Gorilla driving a shoebox.
    I thought it would have room like my old 79 mustang did. But hell no they fuxked it up bigtime.

I’m tall also. 6’4 but very tall for 64 in the upper body..... so my head hits unless my seat is *just* right.

my kids fit in their car seats in the back seat of my 86GT when they were little. Would hate to see it now, they are both over 6 foot. Lol

The joke about the roll cage:
    #1 — odd number of points isn’t possible. “73”
    #2 — cage a car right and there’s barely room for a driver, nothing left to complain about

Quote Originally Posted by erratic50 View Post
    I’m tall also. 6’4 but very tall for 64 in the upper body..... so my head hits unless my seat is *just* right.

my kids fit in their car seats in the back seat of my 86GT when they were little. Would hate to see it now, they are both over 6 foot. Lol

The joke about the roll cage:
    #1 — odd number of points isn’t possible. “73”
    #2 — cage a car right and there’s barely room for a driver, nothing left to complain about

Me and my high school buddies used to go 4 sometimes in a fox mustang.
    Turned it as slow as a grand marquis with 800lbs in. Kinda takes the fight outa the 225hp h.o.
    Camaro shows up. Gtfo guys race time! You can drink and watch the race.. well mostly the maro burning oil and watching the tail lights of the stang.

The sound of a 302 taching 5600-5800rpm will live with me forever.
    Kimda why I built up my 302 in the futura. It is the engine I wish I had back then.