In my 84 Vert I have swapped out the front dash 3 and a half inch speakers at least5 times in 5 years. Even with the inline noise reducers the latest JBL blew out yet again.

I don't have to tell anybody here about how easy it is to crack the dash pad from constantly taking it out. I have had 2 crack on me already.

Why is it that the original stock dash speakers never blew out but supposedly superior aftermarket speakers cant last a year?

This Spring I want to re-do my stereo set up and try to solve this once and for all. I have a head unit, Retro Sound Products, crap I know. I would like to find an alternate retro style stereo that looks 80's but has blue tooth and aux.

I have an Alpine 100 per channel 4 channel power amp. I have 6 inch JBLs in the front doors, 6 inch JBLs in the rear and 2 three and a half in the dash. Also JBL.

My sound guy suggested adding another Alpine amp to split the load. Currently my door speakers are piggybacked on the dash speakers. I barely hear the door speakers at all. I would also like to add a pair of JBL 1 inch tweeters and place them in the center where the stock power amp is. That's really the only place unless I cut more holes in the doors.

So my big question is whats the best quality 3 1/2 inch speakers from the dash? Once I do this work I don't wanna have to pull the dash pad off again anytime too soon.