Close

FEP Senior Member

Default Brand New Ford Strokers Dart 363 DIY Shortblock Kit.

I have a brand new Dart SHP 8.2" deck 363 shortblock DIY kit from Ford Strokers. The Dart SHP block has a 4.125 bore honed to fit the Mahle pistons. It has been align honed with ARP main studs. Freeze plugs, screw in oil galley plugs with pinhole for dist gear oiling, painted black, Coated Dart cam bearings installed, decked to zero deck. A rpm 4340 Forged steel Nitrided crank 3.4 stroke, Scat 5.4" H-beams with 7/16 ARP capscrews, Special Mahle Pistons with Flat tops and Twisted wedge eyebrows. They are coated and have coated skirts and feature the new 1mm,1mm,2mm ring set. This set is the latest in tecnology and also keeps the oil ring out of the wrist pin hole. Everything has been internal balanced and also has a Innovators west front balancer and a Ram aluminum flywheel. Cleveite 77H rod and main bearings. It is all machined and ready to assemble. All you have to do is file fit the rings and check bearing clearances and assemble it. My reciepts from Ford Strokers was over $5500, but if you can come to NW Ohio and pick it up, I will take the first $3800 for the shortblock kit with balancer and flywheel. Everything is brand new. The Dart block has never even been out of the box since FordStrokers shipped it to me.
    I also have some extra parts purchased for the 363 it if you are interested. I priced the shortblock separate because a lot of guys are injected or already have heads and intakes etc. This stuff is also brand new still in the boxs. A new set of Killer TEA CNC'd 205cc 320cfm@.600 Twisted Wedge heads, ARP head studs, Trick flow Head stud girdles, A Ed Curtis FTI custom Billet hyd roller cam 24*/25*, .612/613,111 sep, shift point of 7000, a Rollmaster Gold series Timing chain set and a FTI torrington bearing cam plate. A edelbrock Super Victor intake and a Holley D-pumper calibrated for the 363 by Patrick at Pro Systems Carbs, it is based on a 950 for plenty of airflow up top and special down leg boosterd for drivability and good throttle response. I live in Ohio City, OH and my e-mail is aarongardner@frontier.com Thanks!
    Last edited by r85must; 02-03-2019 at 04:21 PM.

How about I buy this monster and put it in my 1985 Saleen 006 build?

It will take me a while to make it out to get it but am willing to do a deposit and remaining upon pickup if that works.

Im in Omaha NE, my car is in the Austin area with Trey. (Wrathracing)

you can text me or call to wrap up details — I’ll send my number to you.

james

600 hp Saleen. I like.
    "40 year old beercan on wheels with too much motor" erratic50

Maybe it should be 1985-600

Lol

it would “need” something more to get there. Better heads and more cam would be a good start. Otherwise it will fall short of 600 at the crank.

Could always spray the hell out of it with a 350 shot and call it 1985-900 lol

Two kits plus a panic button “just in case” right? Lol

Crack that thing up and they’ll find me in the ground — like a lawn dart!

Change my username to Erratic60 because 363 is 5.949 ..... for the same crap reason ford called it the 5.0
    Last edited by erratic50; 01-30-2019 at 06:02 PM.

I hope this works out for you Erratic! This is the deal of the decade

The engine Aaron has is absolutely incredible.

Unfortunately the more I look at the combo the more I come to realize I'd have way too much sunk costs in parts I already have on hand and by the time this one is put together and get the car reworked to deal with it I'd have a lot more money in it than I can justify.

The shortblock is a Twisted Wedge only setup so my freshly done heads will not work on it.

Aaron has SO much invested into the heads he has for this fire breathing monster -- thousands. They are absolutely incredible heads as is the rest of the engine they had planned to build.

I realized as I looked at it that the car will be an absolute handful at the 400-450 HP power level I've targeted all along. And this setup will check in at 600 with a TON more steam on the bottom end. And demand a lot more tire and cooling, etc.

So much that unless I put a throttle stop in the car and jump up to a 315/35/17 tire I won't even be able to reasonable make a lap on an SCCA track without going into a circle from horsepower induced oversteer.

As over the top incredible the setup is and as good of a deal as it is for a 600HP motor -- its 200 HP more than I've accounted for in the build and would cause me to have to rework a bunch of stuff that's all freshly done. Radiator, transmission, rearend, wheels, etc.

Time to suck up my manhood and go back to looking at things like this: https://www.cnc-motorsports.com/sb-f...e-pistons.html

FEP Senior Member

I just wanted to say something about Erratic 5.0's post. James is a great guy and he is correct that my Dart shortblock is not ideal for him mainly because he has a set of edelbrock 1.9" inline valve heads he put money in and wants to use. Those heads flow around 230 cfm and were designed for a mild 302 or a 302 with a lot of supercharger boost so his head would absolutely choke a 363 unless it was used in a truck for low rpm towing. But if you have any of the Twisted wedge heads, or intend to get some, my Dart shortblock would give you a brand new Neutral balanced all forged internals Bullet proof bottom end to start with, wether your goal is 350hp or 600, it gives you a bottom end you never have to worry about, plus 363 cubes. You can even bore this block safely two more times in the future for other projects. You can buy just the shortblock/flywheel/balancer kit. You don't need to buy the other heads, cam and other parts we have for the 575-600 hp goal we had set for ourselves. They are just available if a person is wanting to make big power. Thanks!
    Last edited by r85must; 02-03-2019 at 03:51 PM.

FEP Senior Member

I have been getting a lot of inquiries about wanting to buy the extra parts I have like TW heads, cam etc for their own strokers , but I don't want to sell them until the 363 shortblock is sold, so to help out even more I will take $3800 for the Dart 363 shortblock, flywheel and balancer kit if you can come to NW Ohio and pick it up. I gaurantee you that you will never ever see a deal like this on a brand new Dart 363 shortblock kit. Hurry up before I change my mind. Thanks!.

Bumping this thread. Good luck with getting everything sold. I only wish the opportunity had come up with better timing so it could have been part of my build plans

FEP Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by erratic50 View Post
    Bumping this thread. Good luck with getting everything sold. I only wish the opportunity had come up with better timing so it could have been part of my build plans
    Yeh, And if a guy was to buy that $2780 stockblock 331 from cnc motorsport and add the girdle, a good balancer and a good flywheel, your are within $200 of my Dart based 363 set up.

FEP Senior Member

Sold! The 363 shortblock has been Sold! He only bought the shortblock kit, so I still have the heads cam etc. if you are interested! Thanks!!

FEP Senior Member

The 363 shortblock, heads, carb, cam etc have all been sold. All I have left is a brand new Edelbrock Super Victor Intake for a 289/302/5.0 and 1262S-3 intake gaskets for $300. Thanks!