Close

Thread: Help

Default Help

I have 4 large round wire connectors (6 wires in each) right under the Booster and all 4 connectors are female. during my rebuild I had to replace both harnesses from under dash out thru the hole under booster and the harness from the ECU across behind the motor. the thing is that I have 2 coil connectors? 1 on both harnesses? anybody have pictures of that area
    2017 Ford Explorer Sport (DD) 1986 Capri 5.0 Silver/Red
    1969 Falcon XW GTHO coupe (SOLD) went to Australia
    Past 4 eyes-
    4th. 1981 Capri "White" Black Magic I6
    3rd. 1984 Capri RS V8 Black/grey
    2nd. 1984 Capri RS V8 White/red
    1st. 1984 SVO Grey/grey (traded it for a worn out 1970 BOSS 302)
    Both '84 Capri's vin# were 10 away from each other
    U.S. NAVY 1980-2009

What year car and engine size?

its a 86 capri with the 5.0
    Past 4 eyes-
    U.S. NAVY 1980-2009

Sorry, went to a friends, friends house this weekend to look at his 86 Capri and come to find out he had sold it this past December. Don't know how good you are at reading electrical diagrams but there are some pretty good ones in the Tech section in the Forum. Go to the Electrical and ck out the one that says Sticky. Sorry couldn't be more help.

Past 4 eyes-
    U.S. NAVY 1980-2009

Quote Originally Posted by NAVYCAT View Post
    Im so glad I found this..... Heres my problem as seen in my picture, the upper 2 connectors are from the ECU harness (black and grey female) and the 2 lower connectors ( both black 1 large and the other a small connector) So a little history on my 86..... the harness on both sides were hacked out when I got the capri so I had to find replacements I believe the ECU harness is out of a 89-90 as im going mass air but I dont remember what I got the dash harness out of. Im ready to blow my brains out! .....
    Don't blow your brains out!.

According to Ross Herrod from Australia's Herrod Automtoive when he did two factory 1996 XG Falcon XR8 Utility conversions.......

http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article...-Herrod&A=1704

"I grabbed an injected 5.0-litre from Ford and put it into a XH, I think, panel van. That was grouse; it ended up just like a factory set-up. That made me decide I should build myself a ute, so I bought a blue XG - a 5.0-litre factory one - and then work simply exploded...."

1. The EECIV of any MAF type will normally match from connector to connector.

2. The actual wiring colors and actual pin-outs vary massively between years,

3. Therefore you have to make it match the wires in the connectors properly, and then have to go on a track and trace like Brock did here at FEP on his 84 GT 4V to EFi rewire.

4. Color codes were individual for each year, they varied. Ford make cars quickly on a production line, and are not behoven to any kind of convention between a 1996 EFI 5.0 and a 1995 EFI 5.0

You have no choice but to do it that way, BLEND THE Information Technology!.

BLEND I.T.
    BLEND I.T.
    JUST A LITTLE BIT
    And take it easy, show you're likin' it

What is relatively easy is that the basic format will be a hybrid of two Foxes, the 89 MAF, and the 94-95 SN95 donar system.

Most of it will cross over perfectly.

great read..... but it dont help me ....... lol
    Past 4 eyes-
    U.S. NAVY 1980-2009

Quote Originally Posted by NAVYCAT View Post
    great read..... but it dont help me ....... lol
    Yeah, but this will.

T4M0 5 94-95 Mustang MAF / Manual (see note 1)
    J4J1 5 94-95 Mustang MAF / Manual (see note 1)
    U4P0 5 94-95 Mustang MAF / AODE (see note 1)
    W4H0 5 94-95 Mustang MAF / AODE (see note 1)

In addition to Dean_T.

2nd chance cobra, Drew, Brock and Pancake'.

Pancakeshake uses the 94 T4M05 94-95 Mustang Manual T5 MAF
    Your using the U4P05 or W4H05 94-95 Mustang Automatic AODE MAF

The SN95 power distribution board fits in too.

Your TSAD wires are different, so everything is different.

Bite the bullet, buy a P Touch or somesuch labeler and go to town

Quote Originally Posted by 84StangSVT View Post
    You don't have to, don't need to and in fact....just throw that curiosity in the trash can.

Like everything else Ford does, I firmly believe they put that in there to distract and confuse you and it has absolutely no meaning to anyone/anything. If you look, there are tons of the connectors that have different colors, shapes and so forth but yet have the same 5 digit number.

I learned in my EFI/wiring conversion that following the EVTM and or electrical schematics was hard enough as it is and you don't need to add any further complexity to the job that you are doing so well at currently.

Keep up the good work brother!
    See page 18 & 19

Quote Originally Posted by Pancakeshake View Post
    Throwback: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...ercury-Capri-L

With the mechanical side of the engine bay wrapped up it was time to get my wiring game on. I had a partial harness from the F250 the block came out of, and the chopped up harness form the 94 mustang that my T4M0 came out of. Using these two harnesses, and a wiring diagram (and many beers) I decided I would make my own custom harness and run each wire that I needed. I deleted a bunch of systems from the harness so I figured this would keep it neat and concise.

With my wiring harness completed, it was time to turn this bad Charlie over and see what I got for spark/signals. “Crank, Crank, GRIND!”… My starter motor sounded like garbage. After extensive measurements on the starter motor and bell housing I determined that something was not right. Some more research proved that I had the “short snout” starter motor rather than the “long snout” motor. This made all the difference. Once the new motor (Wilson 91-02-5846) was installed I was cranking like a champ. Upon first attempt I had great looking spark…CHECK!

Next up was the injector pulses…not so lucky. I was seeing 8 pulses / rev of the motor which told me something was wrong. Long story short, I had the O2 sensors wired incorrectly and I was feeding my signal return wire 12v. The old 94/95 O2 harness confusion resulting in voltage at pin #46. I did NOT fry my ECM after this mistake. Simple rewire and boom! I had great looking injector pulses.

With these pulses I was able to get the motor to limp along (barley) which had me beaming with excitement. Again, stock ECM, 60# injectors, 24# calibrated MAF… car ran like a big bag of poo. BUT running none the less.

I found a black (male) connector and has the right colored matching wires but I think that a few wires need to moved around...... thats what im looking for what wire goes where......
    Past 4 eyes-
    U.S. NAVY 1980-2009