Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

So I went and found a metal container and cut about an inch off it... instant mini velocity stack. Name:  20190320_141055.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  93.8 KBName:  20190320_141854.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  64.3 KBName:  20190320_143114.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  115.7 KBName:  20190320_145849.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  126.3 KB
    1984 convertible 5.0 auto.

I scored a set of 10 hole wheels today with center caps for the paltry amount of................a 12 pack of Miller highlife.Name:  20190321_200406.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  109.8 KB
    Last edited by rich75043; 03-21-2019 at 08:06 PM.

Good deal on those wheels,
    In 1998 I paid $125 for a set for my first car. I was making $4.85 an hour sweeping the floor at an auto body shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy cow batman there's real live paint under there. Name:  20190323_184332.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  111.0 KBName:  20190323_191035.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  79.7 KB

Was able to make another beer deal lol I traded a 6 pk of Corona for the hydraulic lines for the vert top from a sn95. The only thing I had to do was move the pump closer to the middle. That enabled me to finally put the rear interior back together yay.

Stupid drivers window motor giving me hell. Replaced bushings, disassembled, cleaned, new grease... still won't reliably go up or down. Brushes and armature look fine. It's always something lol on the other hand my top now goes up and down under its own power. That's something at least.

Today I got to take apart my hvac control as the levers would move fore and aft in the housing...I figured out why lol. The housing was completely broken apart and that was allowing the levers to move around without taking the slide mechanism with it. I cleaned everything up and used some plast-aid to reattach the two pieces that sandwich the slide mech and so far so good. For those of you that haven't heard of plast-aid before it's the bomb digity.
    https://www.plast-aid.com/

Heard of similar HVAC problems from Ranger owners. Cracked parts.
    The blower puts out so much air on high, that forcing the selection levers against the pressure can crack the door housing.
    In this case, the lever housing is stronger than the HVAC box.
    May be the same deal, different weak spot.
    I always turn down the blower speed when moving lever positions. Much easier to move the levers.
    Got lucky to find out about that before any damage was done.

That's a great tip. I'll be sure and do that whenever I change settings.

Thanks for the Plast-aid link. I need to pick some up, just to have on hand.
    1985 GT owned since new

Quote Originally Posted by rich75043 View Post
    I scored a set of 10 hole wheels today with center caps for the paltry amount of................a 12 pack of Miller highlife.
    I see that you found JC316 on DFWMustangs. Good deal on those wheels.What part of the Dallas area are you in? I'm in NW Plano.

The car is coming right along!

Quote Originally Posted by swearint View Post
    Thanks for the Plast-aid link. I need to pick some up, just to have on hand.
    I used a ton tonight fixing all the broken and cracked pieces on my center console... man that stuff is awesome. I originally bought it for an old Ducati I had because they didn't make aftermarket plastics for it. Seem to be in the same situation again with my fox.

Quote Originally Posted by slow84lx View Post
    I see that you found JC316 on DFWMustangs. Good deal on those wheels.What part of the Dallas area are you in? I'm in NW Plano.

The car is coming right along!
    Dunno, I found them on cl. I'm in Garland and I'm working on it lol I finally got the courage up enough to spend the almost 20 on antifreeze and I made an overflow can out of a ss water bottle that turned out better than I thought it would. Still fighting the damn window motor so I guess a new one is on the list. Always something. Thinking about naming her Big Jim after the Jim Croce song for the one line that goes "And he was cut in about a hundred places
    And he was shot in a couple more" Haha my poor girl.

Stupid drivers window motor giving me hell. Replaced bushings, disassembled, cleaned, new grease... still won't reliably go up or down. Brushes and armature look fine. It's always something lol on the other hand my top now goes up and down under its own power. That's something at least.
    On the top of the motor there should be a locknut around a screw. The screw acts like an adjustable thrust bearing. You can reach in the door with a 5/8" box wrench to loosen the nut then use a short flat blade screw driver to back the screw out a quarter or half turn. I had to do mine a couple of times over a year ago. Been working good since.
    W

As always, "It ain't what you don't know that gets you, it's what you think you know that just ain't so."

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamCapri View Post
    On the top of the motor there should be a locknut around a screw. The screw acts like an adjustable thrust bearing. You can reach in the door with a 5/8" box wrench to loosen the nut then use a short flat blade screw driver to back the screw out a quarter or half turn. I had to do mine a couple of times over a year ago. Been working good since.
    Yeah I fiddled with it but definitely will give it a another shot. Thanks for the advise... the more the better I always say

I didn't do a damn thing to Big Jim today. I guess my jeep got jealous and decided she needed attention as well. Replaced the front lower control arm bushings as they were a little worn out. Tomorrow will be rear upper control arms. Fun fun.

So I've got problems lol after dropping off the kids this morning I went to turn off the key and automatically reached up with my left hand to hit the cylinder release button... in my jeep Haha.

I found this after digging into my rears.Name:  20190329_183443.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  171.3 KB

That’s a problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nasty old parts there. Go to the Mc parts store and buy as many parts for the rear drums as you can. Ideally replace everything. If there’s no signs of major leaking skip the cylinder. They typically don’t go bad— the ones I just took off my 86GT had near 1/2 million hard miles and were still ok.

The spring kits, etc, make a huge difference in overall brake function.

Dunno, I found them on cl. I'm in Garland and I'm working on it lol.

http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=70802

Lot's of unexpected problems come up when bringing one back from the near dead. There was a craigslist ad last week for a yard in Garland that had an '83 GT parting out. The picture showed it was nearly complete if you are needing parts.

Quote Originally Posted by erratic50 View Post
    Nasty old parts there. Go to the Mc parts store and buy as many parts for the rear drums as you can. Ideally replace everything. If there’s no signs of major leaking skip the cylinder. They typically don’t go bad— the ones I just took off my 86GT had near 1/2 million hard miles and were still ok.

The spring kits, etc, make a huge difference in overall brake function.
    Lol I got a hardware kit that cost a whopping 6.95 which included both sides lol

Quote Originally Posted by slow84lx View Post
    http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=70802

Lot's of unexpected problems come up when bringing one back from the near dead. There was a craigslist ad last week for a yard in Garland that had an '83 GT parting out. The picture showed it was nearly complete if you are needing parts.
    Lol I guess it was the same guy. I'll take a look for the GT you mentioned but I'm almost to the point where the things I need are things I need new like suspension, weather stripping etc. Luckily mine came pretty much complete and the only things I've sourced used was for my cfi to carb swap and exhaust stuff.

Haven't messed with big Jim in a few days but came across a good deal on some 4.10 gears... thinking of pulling the trigger. Would def make a difference from the stock 3.27's that I'm currently running.
    Last edited by rich75043; 04-11-2019 at 06:25 PM.

Well i finally started my gear change and the only issue so far is the damn carrier pin was being difficult but with some creative leverage she popped out. Got my backlash set around midnight and called it a day. Heading out in a few for the first (of many I'm sure) contact pattern check. Name:  20190409_165151.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  121.8 KB

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast