So I'm making this post because I need somewhere to vent about all the stupid crap that comes up while working on the convertible. My wife really doesn't care about that stuff so I need to vent to like minded souls that understand where I'm coming from. She's an 84 LX convertible with the 302 HO CFI with AOD. The weird thing is the engine code is M, which if my research holds true designates the carbed version. Meh, it is what it is lol The wiring is a mess...the top is a mess, the body...not too terrible, the interior...so so. Found an 87 roller long block so there's that. Already removed engine and all the CFI nastiness. Today I started sorting out the fuel system wiring and was testing, tinkering etc when I noticed the frame mounted pump was working but the in tank fuel pump was ominously silent. My gauge didn't work so I figured what the heck...down comes the tank. Man o man what a mess...pull the filler pipe...rust. Bad omen. Pull the pump and rust, pull the sending unit...same thing. I found about 1/4 in of sludge on the bottom of the tank and tons of corrosion. It's always something. Good thing it's a long term project.