Close

Default 1985 LX 5.0 convertible (was 3.8)

I bought this car last fall from a kid who restored it with his dad and was off to college. It is a 1985 LX convertible that was converted from 3.8 to 5.0. Currently it has 3 speed auto and came with 2 AOD's. I was told short block was 1987. It does seem slow but I have other plans. It has new paint, carpet, seats, top. They did a nice job and it presents well overall. My past Mustangs were a new 5.0 in 2002 I always promised myself as I went through college. Mineral Grey 5spd premium with Mach 1000. Insurance was crazy expensive so I sold it and bought a 1968 Formula S Barracuda that I built with a 416 stroker. I also got a used silver 2001 GT premium 5spd convertible a few years later at that time with headers, subframe connectors and flowmasters and sports bar. It was fun. When the 2015 came out I had to have one. I got the first GT in town. Premium 6spd with 3.31 gears. I lowered it on Eibach springs and added 20" SVE GT350 style wheels. It was nice but I got bored. I miss the lopey idle of a cammed muscle car and want something fun but inexpensive so I bought this car. I want to build a car I find fun for under $10K. Smallish convertible with powerful V8. Suspension and brakes first. My friend has a 8.8 rear for it. His fox body was low 8 second 1/4 car currently being built to be much faster. That's my intro....I am still making plans but I finally have a heated garage and will have a 2 post lift shortly.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Welcome, love that color!

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White