Close

Thread: Introduction

Default Introduction

Hello all, I created a profile back in August of 2017 but have not posted.
    I have a 1985 Mustang GT that I bought new, drove about 4 years on the street
    then decided to make it a full time drag car. At that time I was involved in nostalgia
    drag racing, had several other cars. I had met and became friends of one of my teen
    Ford drag racing heroes. Barrie Poole of the Border Bandit fame. When I was prepping my car
    for drag racing it got the full Border Bandit paint scheme. The car was raced for awhile, ran very
    well, hooked up great, etc. Then life got in the way, I stored it properly, 1 year turned into 20.
    When I took it out of storage it looked as good as it did when it went in. I am currently converting
    it back into a street legal machine. Live in Southern NH 15 mins from New England Dragway
    Would love to get together with other Four eye owners around the area or where ever.
    Please excuse the long post. Paul

Welcome! Any pics ? Sounds like a great project!

Check my profile, click on album. Those are pics of it when I just took it out of storage.
    I will post some ore recent pics as I have made many changes from full drag to the street.
    Still has the paint and full roll cage.

Welcome to the site. Car looks great. Pretty cool you kept it all these years and getting back in to it. I always enjoy the original owner stories.

That car is cool, love the paint