Close

Default Intake gasket choice

I’m looking to choose an intake gasket for a 302. The heads are gt40p and it’s with performer rpm intake. What gasket is the ideal size, and maybe not prone to leakage?
    Tony

I believe if my memory serves me correctly you want a Fel-Pro 1250 intake gasket set. Btw, where are located in WI?

Thanks. Just north of portage
    Tony

Felpro work good

Felpro, Victor Reinz, are used by oe factories.

But will stock port sized manifolds choke my combo?
    Tony

Never mind I looked it up, the 1250 port size is very close to that of the GT40p. I have heard about the 1250 having longevity issues due to tearing from not having a steel wire.
    Tony

FEP Power Member Jerry peachuer's Avatar

Someone reccomended the explorer intake gasket kit on this site and it comes with rubber pre formed end seals that are simply amazing
    Part number starts with MS made by felpro

The end seals will eliminate the need to use cork or rtv
    Nothing wrong with either if done correctly but I will say this is error proof (explorer gasket kit )and seals immediately by its design

I heard the same thing about the normal 1250's so I tried the 1250S3 gasket which is a 1250 with a steel core.

They are a bit more money and I have found that you need to retorque the S3 type a couple times until they compress and settle but otherwise good.

FEP Member

You might want to read the installation instructions for the new manifold. Different manifolds and makers have different ideas. The last one I installed (Weiand, Ford 400) specifically stated to not use any end gaskets at all, only RTV blue.

Not trying to start a war of words, just relating what I read.

FEP Power Member Jerry peachuer's Avatar

I used the MS 95952 felpro intake gasket set it has the formed end seals on my new build just weeks ago

Again it was mentioned on here and in my opinion money well spent just for the end seals as crazy as that sounds

imho mr gasket ultra seal quality is tough to beat. i have used many of all brands i know of. use to be big detroit gasket fan back in the 90's before they went down hill. felpro is for the most part over priced middle of the road quality ime.