Close

Thread: 24 hrs daytona

Default 24 hrs daytona

its starting soon. Hope the GT's kick ass again.

Watching the pre show they showed some short clips of older races. Showed a fast shot of the orange mustang that has been posted on here some. just a fast shot i thing i got it recorded. Might be able to see it on NBCSN if subscribed.

Worth the watch. Has Alex Zenardi (sp?) story and Jack Roush with Paul Newmans win.

Dam it keep havin to add to this. Jimmy Vasser is in it also. Cool Guy My son and I meet. Funny just posted about that in one of the bike sites. LOL

Blog Entries

We're going to try to have it on in the background all day...although I'm not sure how successful we'll be given that it's on apps and whatnot. I do wish they'd make it easier to watch sports car racing in general.

As an F1 junkie, I'm also quite interested to see what Alonso is going to do.

Blog Entries

Spoke too soon. Looks like none of our TV subscriptions (Sling and Hulu) will get us access. Ridiculous.

Blog Entries

I got grumpy, got a VPN, and am now watching the IMSA.tv coverage.

FEP Senior Member

It's back on NBC Sports at 8 PM CST tonight.
    Bleed Ford Blue! '84 Grabber Orange SVO, '88 Saleen 1 of 4 w/Automatic, '89 Steeda, '71 DeTomaso Pantera GT5 Wide Body EFI 4.6 DOHC...soon to be a Gen3 Coyote and some Old Ford Muscle w/ BB power. 1.21 Jigawatts!!?? PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT!
    State of Illinois - Taxation without Representation!

If anyone can watch the ZANARDI driver changes. He has no leggs!!!!! showed his practice in the pre race. 24 bmw. gtlm class same as the gt's.
    He was in a major indy car crash 17 years ago lost his leggs.

Quote Originally Posted by evlgt85 View Post
    We're going to try to have it on in the background all day...although I'm not sure how successful we'll be given that it's on apps and whatnot. I do wish they'd make it easier to watch sports car racing in general.

As an F1 junkie, I'm also quite interested to see what Alonso is going to do.
    Although I like Alonso also he is driving for wayne taylor who is a A$$. didnt even like him the year he used ford. Now GM that has ruined the class as they always do. So want the mazdas to take it or the NON montoya pensky car to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by cb650 View Post
    If anyone can watch the ZANARDI driver changes. He has no leggs!!!!! showed his practice in the pre race. 24 bmw. gtlm class same as the gt's.
    My dad is the crew chief for the 24 BMW. Said Zanardi is one of the most amazing people he’s ever been around (23 years in racing, from CART to Indy to the IMSA series). The technology behind the hand controls is insane for that car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1984 LTD LX, 160k mile Explorer 5.0, Comp XE264HR-14 cam, Alex’s Parts springs on stock GT40 3 bar heads, Unported Explorer intake, 1 5/8 shorty headers, off-road H-Pipe, Spintech 9000 mufflers, Holley Terminator X Max, J-Mod 4R70W, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, Tubular front and rear control arms, front coilovers, Turbocoupe rear coil springs

Blog Entries

Although I like Alonso also he is driving for wayne taylor who is a A$$. didnt even like him the year he used ford. Now GM that has ruined the class as they always do. So want the mazdas to take it or the NON montoya pensky car to get it.
    I have at least 2 disadvantages here: I'm generally a driver fan above all else, and I haven't had the time to follow enduro racing like I have wanted to for a few years. Although now that I have VPN on my side and my blasted degree will be done by May, I'll be able to pursue watching a LOT more motorsports and that'll make me a happy gearhead again.

Quote Originally Posted by wdanison43103 View Post
    My dad is the crew chief for the 24 BMW. Said Zanardi is one of the most amazing people he’s ever been around (23 years in racing, from CART to Indy to the IMSA series). The technology behind the hand controls is insane for that car.
    Zanardi by all accounts is a force of nature and a wonderful guy. I'm glad the red tape of racing hasn't kept him from racing according to his exceptional skill.

Although it's a well-worn comparison, I wonder, and hope that racers like him and Billy Monger are able to keep motorsports in general open to people who can utilize hand controls and race at elite levels.

wdanison43103: Best of luck to your dad and his team! I'm a Bimmerhead, too. Any time you want to share his stories, feel free!

Originally posted by cb650
    Back in the day Reggie Showers was running an NHRA ProStock Motorcyle with prosthetics
    http://www.cycledrag.com/dragbike-re...howers-amputee.

And evgt85 coverage is almost ok with DirectTV backed live streaming of NBCSN .
    I miss Fox Sports coverage already.
    Ray
    86 Mustang LX 3.8 Convertible (bought new}
    65 Galaxie 500 XL 390 auto
    2A

FEP Senior Member

Miss Speed Channel coverage even more....
    Bleed Ford Blue! '84 Grabber Orange SVO, '88 Saleen 1 of 4 w/Automatic, '89 Steeda, '71 DeTomaso Pantera GT5 Wide Body EFI 4.6 DOHC...soon to be a Gen3 Coyote and some Old Ford Muscle w/ BB power. 1.21 Jigawatts!!?? PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT!
    State of Illinois - Taxation without Representation!

Speed had its problems but much better that the crap on now. Was best when Speed TNT TBS TNN ESPN all competed for showing races. Many diff forms of racing.

The rain sucks.

Looks like porsche is determined to keep others off the track. One took out the leading GT from the rear and another car. Must have been a FWD idiot driving. LOL?

Prosthetic?
    AZ dont need no stinking prosthetic!!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2E8rjcDwOw

Even better!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsLbWuNnGJE

Blog Entries

We're pretty content with the IMSA TV coverage, made possible by pretending we're in the UK. No commercials and it's the Radio IMSA crew.

I have to wonder if the powers that be for some of these series don't realize how these crazy TV coverage deals (pay-only, bouncing back and forth from a network to an app to a different network) harm their ability to get the races in front of a bigger audience.

Now to see if I can get WRC pretty easily. I hear RedBull TV does daily coverage.

Can't imagine they'll get the race going again at this point, but they're still trying. I'd expect carnage if they do.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE'SVO86 View Post
    Miss Speed Channel coverage even more....
    I can't find words that emphasize how strongly I agree with this statement. I will do you one better though. I remember when it was Speed Vision before it became Speed and miss both forms dearly.

Blog Entries

It was nice to see Alonso and Kobayashi take the win, although it'd have been better if it was under green flag conditions. I need to start planning out more race viewing this year!

And I also lament the untimely passing all those years ago of SpeedVision. The Lost Drive-In and Bruce Dern's wild intros, Victory by Design, historic races rebroadcast...it was fantastic. As always, vomitorious corporate broadcasting consumed it and left us with nothing good.

I miss the days of Diamond P on TNN with Steve Evens and Brock Yates as commentators.
    I still remember Yates calling Top Fuel,"Formula Hairy".
    And what happened to swamp buggy racing?
    And yes, I'm old enough to have watched first run original Star Trek on TV
    Ray
    86 Mustang LX 3.8 Convertible (bought new}
    65 Galaxie 500 XL 390 auto
    2A