Close

Default Another Canadian 4eye

Gentlemen,

As stated, another Canadian here trapped in my garage with my fox for the winter.

Currently working with a 85 5.0 100k (km) fox. My Dad was the second owner, and has passed the car on to me. Largely unmolested... minus 3.73's, edelbrock performer rpm intake, matching 650cfm carb, trickflow cam, hedman long tubes w/ 40 series and a custom (horrific) fabbed exhaust. It got a centreforce stage 3 clutch, B&M short throw shifter, smog pump removed.

All of this was in 2004/05, and now the valve covers leak, exhaust needs some work, water pump looks like it is toast (green granular looking dried crud near the water neck on the intake?), and of the biggest worry - I noticed some on/off throttle slop. Feels like it could be lash in the rear end . The u-joints are tight, I haven't looked at the engine mounts though. Suspension is all stock, and original as far as I can tell.

Some work to do mechanically - but she's in good shape otherwise.

Name:  20170512_183917.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  132.6 KB

Cool car
    Welcome from Niagara on the Lake.
    Too bad our driving season is so short here, hope you have a heated place to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello, Welcome nice looking Fox!

Thanks gentlemen.

I do have the luxury of a heated garage!

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Welcome!

Welcome. What part of the country is your heated garage (and presumably yourself ) located in?

Welcome from another Canadian
    I'm in BC also.
    Looks like a great car and love the color.

I'm located in Saskatoon.

Car is in great shape. Diving into the engine and driveline now. We have some work to do...

Nice GT...very stock looking from the outside but it sounds like you have some very nice mods under the hood and for the drive train!
    Current Mustangs:
    82 Silver GT - 5.0L crate motor, Tremec 3550 5 spd tranny, SVO brake kit, 8.8 rear end with 373s
    05 Legend Lime Fastback - some mods
    05 Screaming Yellow Vert - even more mods including Edelbrock blower

Quote Originally Posted by 5pointoh View Post
    Nice GT...very stock looking from the outside but it sounds like you have some very nice mods under the hood and for the drive train!
    Thanks! It is indeed somewhat of a sleeper. This car is special to me as it was my Dad's fun/outlet the year he beat cancer. He's still with us and kickin' but has moved on to an Audi S5 4.2L V8... this one was his gift to me.

I plan to keep it stock-ish on the exterior aside from a 5lug conversion and some Saleen SC style wheels.

Hello from the east coast
    here's to the freakin' weekend,I'll drink to that