Close

Default Which car would you buy.

Been debating which car i would/should buy.

13-14 GT 500
    15-16 hellcat
    02-05 viper
    LFP 18 Mustang

All opinions welcomed.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

FEP Senior Member

All cool cars....I'd go with the 13/14 GT500. Would also recommend considering a 12/13 Boss 302. Awesome cars to drive and they are pretty cheap now. I also like the 07-09 Shelby's. They are cheap now as well. The 07-09 Shelby has great styling.

Quote Originally Posted by noac View Post
    All cool cars....I'd go with the 13/14 GT500. Would also recommend considering a 12/13 Boss 302. Awesome cars to drive and they are pretty cheap now. I also like the 07-09 Shelby's. They are cheap now as well. The 07-09 Shelby has great styling.
    Like you said all cool cars. I like the gt500 for the power and it has the shelby name, the viper because it is a 2 seater and not manufactured anymore ( reminds me if a cobra), hellcat just for power and seats 4 in comfort and lfp for power and factory warranty (do not like chance of typewriters tick). Will research boss 12 13 more.

I like them all, my opinion from friends who own the viper. Great car but not a pleasure to drive. “Street legal race car”

Boss would probably be my choice.

My .02. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As stated, all cool cars, so not really a bad choice among them.

I am a Ford guy, so I would most likely stick with Ford and besides if it's not under warranty I am not dealing with Dodge/Chrysler since I don't have good luck with them.

I agree with Boss 302 is a good addition to the list. If you want the brute power, the Shelby is hard to beat. The Boss and the Mustang are both powerful, but generally better handling if you want to carve the corners. I personally have been getting a real itch for the 2017 or maybe even a 2018. I am not sure I like the 2018/2019 front end just yet. If I get in the position to buy one, I will need to drive the pair back to back and see if the 18 is that much better than the 17 otherwise I would probably stick with the 17 due to the styling. Good Luck!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

FEP Senior Member

I bought my Boss new in 2013. I love the car. I like the all the Shelby stuff too. I would stick to the cars with a CSM# like a Shelby GT or KR if long term ownership/collectability are on your plate. My personal favorite is the Shelby GT/SC.

From your list I would have the viper. It's not supposed to be a daily driver, so I wouldn't be concerned about creature comforts.

Jess
    Previously owned;
    1979 Mustang, v6 swapped to EFI 393, custom installed m122 blower, 4r70w trans, Megasquirt II, T-top swaped in.
    1990 Mustang, 545 BBF, C-4 with brake, ladder bars.
    1983 Mustang, 1984 SVO Mustang
    1984 Mustang convertible, v6 swapped to 351
    1986 Mustang GT, 1989 Mustang GT convertible
    1992 Mustang coupe, 4 swapped to 302

I'm a Ford guy but having driven the Hellcat, there is no other experience like it.
    Shawn

Currently in the stable:
    83 Capri RS Crimson Cat
    90 7 UP Mustang
    87 Mustang GT
    83 Porsche 928S
    69 Thunderbird Landau
    65 Cadillac Calais 4DR Hardtop
    02 Thunderbird

Chalk another one up for the 2012 / 2013 Boss 302. I want one sooooo bad, Gotta Have it Green!

FEP Power Member

I'd just start pricing them all then buy the cheapest one I can get optioned the way I want it.

Bosses have the notorious MT-82 lockout issues. I would stay with the Shelby.

Depend what you are looking for? Daily driver? Have a family? I have 14 GT500 and 16 Hellcat Charger, I love both cars, I had been driving Hellcat as daily driver because it's an auto and I have a family, easier for kids get in and out.

I don't know man...after watching the new Magnum PI I think I would up the budget for a Ferrari 488 Spyder
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

Thanks to everyone for their advice. Still debating with myself on which way to go. Still need to research more. Not looking for investment or show car. I do wants something that might hold it value a little longer. It will be driven not a garage queen.

Hellcat automatic. May someday follow 70's version in value being more true to the past than Mustang.
    Model clues are more subtle, but more distinct than overdone Mustang.
    https://www.wardsauto.com/2015/chall...e-daily-driver

Viper is niche, Shelby Cobra like, odd Lamborghini V10 sound. Rather have a C4 or C6 Vette.

Mustangs remind of 67-68 fastback outside, 71-73 fastback no rear visibility from inside.
    Look is too ricy and mean. Too many body nooks and cranny lines to keep clean. Too loud. Fake engine noise.
    Convertible maybe if cheap price.

Took niece's 2015 Challenge RT automatic for a brief drive. Sounded good. All have cool looking hoods.
    Daily driver yes. Can see out the back, nice steering wheel and dash. Felt familiar to be in like my 79.
    No e-handbrake in console, good cup holders. 'A' pillar not intrusive. Car is more mature looking.
    Clean retro coupe lines. Attracts less attention than Mustang. Gets 2nd looks to see if 70's or new version.
    Hellcat 2.3 supercharger. A Ford number. No fake engine noise from radio. It's a 'Hemi'.