Close

Default need help thinking of next build.

couldent find my t top coupe that a member has on here, so i bought this... 86 coupe. it was originally brown, engine bay still the original color, has 373 gears, 5 lug swap. pretty clean for the most part, few areas i have to repair. runs, drives ok. interior is clean.. on that note.... what should i do to it.. i have a few ideas, but what would make you say wow at a car show. i have built several, just thinking something different.. maybe make a bullitt tribute with interior and driveline, coyo swap, original brown and make it a sleeper.... what you all think.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

i should add, i own a shop in the chicago area, so i will be doing all the work and painting there. no labor will have to be payed.

FEP Power Member

What would make me say wow at a car show? Doing a Coyote swap and then putting this supercharger under the hood......subject to local laws where you live..

https://www.procharger.com/procharge...1_supercharger

Imagine being able to adjust how much boost your engine is getting while driving down the road, no more changing pulleys and belts.

As with any custom car, what gets the WOW factor now and what gets it 1 year, 5 years, 10 years down the road may be different.

If you are building the car as your calling card for your business, then I think you want to make sure it shows off all that you DO, Can DO, Want to DO at your shop. Showcase your skills, ability, and talents. That gives customers an idea of what they are getting by doing business with you.

If you plan on keeping this car long term in addition to being your company car, then I suggest you like/want what you are doing to the car. Nothing worse than building a car to make others go WOW and you personally don't care for it. If you just need a big splash at the car shows for right now and don't have plans to keep the car long term, then this may or may not affect your decision making.

Coyote Swaps are still big, although becoming more common. An Ecoboost swap would be different, although can be more troublesome in many ways. Nothing wrong with a well detailed and cool looking SBF, BBF and you can always boost the WOW factor with custom turbo or twin turbos. Good Luck!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

427 sohc
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

i have thought of a coyote swap, and a termi swap with full interior. i even thought of making it a full EV car. i usually build a car, drive for a year or so, sell and build another. i drive friends and family crazy because of it. lol.. i have a few mustangs, galaxie, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hornet View Post
    i have thought of a coyote swap, and a termi swap with full interior. i even thought of making it a full EV car. i usually build a car, drive for a year or so, sell and build another. i drive friends and family crazy because of it. lol.. i have a few mustangs, galaxie, and so on.
    Well if you plan on selling it in a year or so, then you may want to consider what is popular or will be popular in a year or so to maximize your selling price.

Just my .02 but I am not a fan of the SN95 interior in the Fox. I know some like it and to each is own, but to me the curved shapes of the the SN95 cars doesn't work as well in the square 4 Eyed body. Just my thoughts, your opinion may vary. Good Luck!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller