Close

FEP Senior Member

Default NOS Ford Motorsport Distributor M-12127-303 / Ford Motorsport Flag

NOS Ford Motorsport Dura Spark Distributor. Retailed new for $196.95. $175 shipped. SOLD

Ford Motorsport Flag. $45 mailed. I have 2 of these. SOLD

PM me if interested. Thanks! Mike
    Last edited by MIKE'SVO86; 08-02-2019 at 08:13 AM.
    Bleed Ford Blue! '84 Grabber Orange SVO, '88 Saleen 1 of 4 w/Automatic, '89 Steeda, '71 DeTomaso Pantera GT5 Wide Body EFI 4.6 DOHC...soon to be a Gen3 Coyote and some Old Ford Muscle w/ BB power. 1.21 Jigawatts!!?? PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT!
    State of Illinois - Taxation without Representation!

Hiya Mike! PM sent for the distributor

(Just a follow-up to my post above) I just PM'd Mike expressing interest in the Ford Motorsport M-12127-A303 distributor.

Please forgive the questions but I'm not exactly a great or knowledgeable mechanic

Could Mike and/or anyone here please tell me if this distributor is strictly for high-RPM "race use" only?

I have a original mostly stock 1985 5.0L engine (has only E303 cam and Edelbrock intake + carb). I don't/won't race the car, just want something peppy on the street and am trying to find some mid-1980's "Motorsport" items for the car.

I do already have the (new old stock) Ford Motorsport "Extra Performance" Duraspark module and matching coil. Unfortunately I still need to find the correct matching harness though.

I am hoping to use this distributor since it looked to be (in the '86 catalog) part of that same Motorsport ignition system.

But after I just sent Mike a PM, I saw one other thread on FEP where it seems it may not work so well and worry that this distributor may indeed be for race applications only (since it has no vacuum advance).
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...ID-help-please

Can anyone clarify or elaborate what the verdict is/was on this? Can the vacuum be added to this? Is there truly a shaft-diameter & gear problem or can this be nicely modified to be a good fit?

Please I'd really appreciate any help or explanations on this. Thank you in advance if you'd be kind enough to post & clarify!

I have the 351W version of this. To me it is just a duraspark distributor without a vacuum advance and a recurve kit. (mine has a advance curve chart and some extra springs). You can run it on the street, 289 hipo's in the 60's had no vacuum advance, at WOT the advance shouldn't do anything anyway because it for cruise.
    You would also have to change the distributor gear for the roller cam.

I run my stock 85 distributor with the Motorsport extra performance ignition with my standard wiring harness. You have to add a full 12 volt lead to the Motorsport box, I posted the instructions in the electrical section about a year ago. You can recurve the factory distributor just like the motorsport one the internals other than the advance mounting plates are basically the same.

Good luck with the sale, that is a nice piece!

Mike
    85 GT - owned since 87

FEP Senior Member

Thanks for the info Mike. Distributor and 1 FMS flag still for sale.
    Mike
    Bleed Ford Blue! '84 Grabber Orange SVO, '88 Saleen 1 of 4 w/Automatic, '89 Steeda, '71 DeTomaso Pantera GT5 Wide Body EFI 4.6 DOHC...soon to be a Gen3 Coyote and some Old Ford Muscle w/ BB power. 1.21 Jigawatts!!?? PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT!

Is the distributor still avialable?
    1980 Capri RS
    1986 Mustang GT
    1991 Mustang GT

FEP Senior Member

Nope, sorry. Sold it a while back.