Close

Default Barrett Jackson - Scottsdale 2019

FEP,

I know that everyone bags on the auction scene, especially Barrett Jackson, but there is an interesting Mustang collections is rolling at the BJ Scottsdale 2019. The Jerry Maddox collection. It has 1 four-eyed on the auction block and it is a doozy, wow..... 1984 GT 350, 5 spd, 5.0, only 121 original miles. It has a goofy sticker on the drivers door, but other than that, this four eyed Mustang appears just cherry. Check it out. Wonder if it will set a high mark for the 4 eyes?

More Wrapper Cars! It will if Rawlings and Collins are in the house Will be watching for sure!

Nice collection...makes you wonder if any of them were previous auction cars from Richard & Dennis? The Red 89 LX looks familiar to me...perhaps a former Terry McCoy car?

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Even...ang-collection

Here's the Four Eye: https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Even...G-GT350-223621

Based on real results the past few years, and of course the past few years of B-J Auctions, this one could bring six figures I would think: https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Even...COBRA-R-224174
    Last edited by sowaxeman; 01-07-2019 at 04:19 PM.
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

I believe this is indeed a former Terry McCoy car....I have a picture of Terry and the car from 2007 at the Indy Motor Speedway where I first met him. Hard to imagine two of these cars existing in the exact same "wrapper condition"....down to the door protectors and neon green paint mark on the front passenger tire.

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Even...TCHBACK-224173
    Last edited by sowaxeman; 01-07-2019 at 04:32 PM.
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

Surprised anyone saved a red interior car like that. (The '89 LX. I am aware all the GT350s had red). That will hold the value back. Since you can't drive it, it should at least be nice to look at and 95% of people hate the red. I also never understood all the hate towards auctions. Like it's their fault someone has too much to drink and too much pride and overpays???? I never got that one. I am going to an auction this Saturday actually and I can promise you, nobody in the building can FORCE me to overpay for a car and therefore "Artifically drive up the price" of Fox Mustangs. That whole premise is simply hilarious. Like blaming the banks for the economic collapse in '08 when the GOVERNMENT FORCED banks to lend money to people they knew could not afford to repay and then the people who signed loans they also knew they could not afford to repay also blamed the bank for lending it to them???????? SIGH.......
    Last edited by homer302; 01-07-2019 at 05:22 PM.

It will be fun to watch, I will be there! The mileage is soooo low on all of these Mustangs in the Maddox collection. The low miles will make a bidder or two still love that red interior, it will bring a nice price. Weird as it sounds, these crazy colorful interiors are really growing on me since nowadays the only interior colors you can get on most every car are black, gray/charcoal and sometimes tan, that is it (not including the 911's, Bentley, Aston Martin types). Heck, most cars only come with black carpet now. Remember, when you could get a red, blue, green, brown, etc.... Damn, I am showing my age....

Quote Originally Posted by Marathon06 View Post
    It will be fun to watch, I will be there! The mileage is soooo low on all of these Mustangs in the Maddox collection. The low miles will make a bidder or two still love that red interior, it will bring a nice price. Weird as it sounds, these crazy colorful interiors are really growing on me since nowadays the only interior colors you can get on most every car are black, gray/charcoal and sometimes tan, that is it (not including the 911's, Bentley, Aston Martin types). Heck, most cars only come with black carpet now. Remember, when you could get a red, blue, green, brown, etc.... Damn, I am showing my age....
    It will be fun to watch and I for sure will be watching. However, those same people would all pay more for an identical one with a different color interior if they crossed the block back to back. There is no doubt that will hold the value back. People with that kind of disposable income are also very concerned about resale value potential. At least if they are smart they are. Here's a sentence that has never been said before: "Man, I've been looking everywhere for a 'whatever color' Mustang with red interior and they just don't exist."
    Last edited by homer302; 01-07-2019 at 05:39 PM.

I’ll be watching as always.
    Friday night I watch by myself and Saturday I invite some friends over and we eat and drink super bowl style.

I don’t care about the auction part of it, i think of it like watching a car show.

I don’t now and probably never will own any cars that have history or have low enough miles to not drive them. The prices at auction are not relevant to me and I don’t care who’s collection the car used to be in. It’s an opportunity to see some nice cars and get some ideas of colour and wheel combinations for future projects

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by homer302 View Post
    Surprised anyone saved a red interior car like that. (The '89 LX. I am aware all the GT350s had red). 95% of people hate the red. That will hold the value back.:
    I have 2 red interior vehicles and I LUV that BEAUTIFUL RED INTERIOR in both of em!

"I" think my RED INTERIORS have great sex appeal and ADD VALUE to both vehicles.

I guess I'm a 5% er!
    Last edited by vintageracer; 01-09-2019 at 06:37 PM.
    Mike
    Remember, "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts!"

1995 Ford Powerstroke F350 "Centurion" STRETCHED Crew Cab Dually

I like "Cut & Coach Built" vehicles!

www.musclecardeals.com

Who all is going?

I'm leaving for Scottsdale Sunday morning and be there all week.

Look me up if you are also going!
    Mike
    Remember, "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts!"

1995 Ford Powerstroke F350 "Centurion" STRETCHED Crew Cab Dually

I like "Cut & Coach Built" vehicles!

www.musclecardeals.com

Quote Originally Posted by vintageracer View Post
    I have 2 red interior vehicles and I LUV that BEAUTIFUL RED INTERIOR in both of em!

"I" think my RED INTERIORS have great sex appeal and ADD VALUE to both vehicles.

I guess I'm a 5% er!
    I agree I have red interior in my 83 vert, and had red in my 86 vert they look sweet, maybe haters are just jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by vintageracer View Post
    Who all is going?

I'm leaving for Scottsdale Sunday morning and be there all week.

Look me up if you are also going!

I will be at Barrett Jackson on Wednesday - Sunday. Will be fun. Worldwide has their one day auction running on Wednesday as well so I am going to check it out. All the other are there as well Russo-Steele, RM, etc.... Will be following the Maddox Mustang collection at Barrett. Obviously, will post live feeds on the now infamous RED interior low mile LX!! Cheers.
    Last edited by Marathon06; 01-11-2019 at 12:09 PM.

I have a white 66 mustang with a turquoise interior. Sure is better than another red car with a black interior.
    Current Mustangs
    1966 6 cylinder coupe
    1984 SVO 9W
    1985 Saleen #132

Honestly I love the red interior in my black 86GT. It’s actually very difficult to find a black GT loaded with options and a red interior.

A lot of people have trouble with reading comprehension here, LOL. For your review, I said most people hate it and without any question that is true. I see nobody argued with that part. Probably because everyone knows it's true. Also for those having trouble, I never said I hated it. I had #4124 GT350 for 20 years and up until last year, I had a GT Turbo with Red interior. I personally like the red because it's unique. Most of you who say you like it today probably hated it when it was new. And you can track the price of the "now infamous" car however there will never be any way to prove whether or not an identical car with grey interior would have sold for more money. Nobody said it would not get a bid. So y'all get your calm on. I for one can't wait. Coverage starts Tuesday night and Tuesday and then Sunday will most likely be the best chance to see a nice Fox.
    Last edited by homer302; 01-12-2019 at 08:21 PM.

FEP Senior Member

I love the red interior with the GT cars 84-86. When it is mint it is awesome. I also like the 87-89 red plaid GT interior.

FEP Senior Member

I think the old "I hate red interiors" might be just a reason for broke folks to bash a car for sale on forums.

Red is great on these especially when it's nice . 95% hate is steep .

Will be fun to see all of the Mustangs run at BJ. The 1984 GT350 with 121 miles will be neat to watch, it goes on Thursday along with several others from the Maddox collection. There are a couple of fox bodies going as well.

Let the drunken bidding begin!
    Current Mustangs
    1966 6 cylinder coupe
    1984 SVO 9W
    1985 Saleen #132

Well my red 86GT sold in a few days and had red mint interior and less than 5K miles . Solid money and he loves the red on red . Anxious to see how the bj red on red does. I

Did anyone see the Blue/White ‘83 Convertible sell last night?

Website says sold for $9,900.

Wondering if it made it on tv and how it looked, or if anyone at the sale saw it in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looks like the red on red LX did well last night at 39K i believe and the 350 sold at 32 if i remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel View Post
    looks like the red on red LX did well last night at 39K i believe and the 350 sold at 32 if i remember correctly.
    Seems odd the 7UP and the 89LX both pulled more than the GT350
    Shawn

Currently in the stable:
    83 Capri RS Crimson Cat
    90 7 UP Mustang
    87 Mustang GT
    83 Porsche 928S
    69 Thunderbird Landau
    65 Cadillac Calais 4DR Hardtop
    02 Thunderbird