Close

Redneck Riviera, Fort Walton Beach Florida

Default Cardone, Master Pro, or something else for parts store steering rack?

Oreilly's carries masterpro, others carry cardone, is one any better than the other?
    1985 LTD LX, Mach1 brakes, 17" Mopar police car wheels. 302, T5, 4.10s
    1984 LTD station wagon, with 84GT nose, some might remember it as the old Dugan Racing station wagon.
    1986 FHP coupe, stock shortblock, TW heads, Holley SMII intake, 4.88, T5Z
    1990 Red LX, ported AFR heads, TFS-R box upper, weenie cam, 1 3/4 long accufabs, 3" exhaust, T5, 4.56

I doubt anyone here actually has test results of a comparison test that will PROVE anything so this obviously just going to be everyone's opinions so here is mine. I have been doing all the work on my own cars since 1986. Although I will admit to seeing a slight decline in recent years, I still swear by the most expensive NAPA brand for pretty much everything. I still believe that overall, they are the best around. They sell a cheap line that is Chinese to compete with the AutoZones and Advance's out there but they also carry an expensive line that is quality. Most of the time when you open it, it is actually the same part as Ford sells although obviously Ford doesn't sell parts for a Fox any longer. Rock Auto also has good quality from my experience if you watch what you are buying. if you are specifically asking about Cardone, those are usually a quality item regardless of who sells it.
    Last edited by homer302; 01-06-2019 at 04:43 PM.

Now at Kragan's before it became O'relly's, I ordered a steering rack. When it came in, it was the wrong one. They got another one and it was also wrong. I just bought one on eBay after that and it was fine.

Brand means nothing to me. I try and buy the brand that gives me a lifetime warranty in the part I am purchasing. A couple of weeks ago my alternator light stayed lit when I started the car. The battery tested OK. I went to AutoZone and had them check the alternator on the car. They could not do it, said battery was too low. He checked to make sure he had the right connector to test in store. Went home to remove alternator and brought it back. Now he finds out that they don't check those alternators off the car because it does not plug in. Since it was under lifetime warranty, he just gives me a new one out of the box. The alternator light was still on. After checking all connections, it turned out to be a connector someone had added in the alternator wiring that had come apart. Soldered it together, and the light went off. It is probably the third alternator I have gotten under the warranty.
    Lots of FREE F/Z info on my site.
    http://myzephyrs.com