View Poll Results: Interior Options

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Back to stock

8 50.00%
  • Keep black with Corbeau seats

8 50.00%

Default Interior Options

Just looking for some opinions on interior colours and options. A few years ago I removed my factory grey carpets and seats and replaced with black carpet and black/grey Cobra Lemans seats. I had a local upholstery shop redo the stock rear seats to "match", but they did an absolutely horrible job. I ended up ditching them and installing the Corbeau rear seat upholstery kit from LMR. The kit it self is great, but it's not an exact match. This winter I have decided I want to change it and either correct the mismatch or go back to stock.

The car is a 1985 GT in Twilight blue. In the short term, I will be painting the trim and buckets SEM trim black. In the long term the car will get it's factory spoiler put back on with a 2.5 cowl hood and it will be dark shadow grey with black trim and the matching hood logo. The car was factory grey, but I never like the grey with grey trim. Also, the monster tach is being removed and a new dash pad will be installed.

Name:  P6266149.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  186.5 KB

Option 1 - Go back to stock. This involves new carpet (front, back and doors), replacing driver seat springs and finding matching factory rear seats.

Name:  IMG_1610.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  96.2 KB

Option 2 - Replace the Cobra seats with Corbeau GTS II seats and be down with it.

Name:  P7226433.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  115.6 KB

All opinions welcome.
    Thanks!

FEP Supporter

Just thinking out loud... I presume the issue with the upholstery shop job was the fabric not matching. If that was the case, did you consider trying to buy the fabric directly from Cobra or one of their distributors so the rears could match?

Maybe TMI has fabric that is a match and they could do a custom rear seat for you? At least you could bet on it fitting good.
    '85 GT

That is exactly what I did with FloFit seats I bought new a few years back. I bought the matching fabric and had the rear seats upholstered and recovered my door card inserts above the arm rests. It looked great all tied together

One thing I have always hated with Fords gray interior is that they used multiple shades of gray. Looks extra cheap to me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by saleen428 View Post
    That is exactly what I did with FloFit seats I bought new a few years back. I bought the matching fabric and had the rear seats upholstered and recovered my door card inserts above the arm rests. It looked great all tied together

One thing I have always hated with Fords gray interior is that they used multiple shades of gray. Looks extra cheap to me lol.
    Pics or it didn't happen.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrEFI View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    For now, could only find pics of the door panels and the car itself. I will have to look in my Dropbox account for pics of the seats

Quote Originally Posted by qikgts View Post
    Just thinking out loud... I presume the issue with the upholstery shop job was the fabric not matching. If that was the case, did you consider trying to buy the fabric directly from Cobra or one of their distributors so the rears could match?

Maybe TMI has fabric that is a match and they could do a custom rear seat for you? At least you could bet on it fitting good.
    The issue with the upholstery shop was both the fabric not matching and the seams not lining up....it was bad.

I did talk to the seat manufacturer (Cobra) and they don't sell matching fabric, so finding something close is not going to be easy. That's the main reason I was thinking of just going with the Corbeau's and being done with it. The cost difference of buying new seats and selling the old vs. getting new rear seats custom upholstered would be fairly similar.
    Last edited by Pennyroyal; 01-07-2019 at 11:17 PM. Reason: grammar