Close

Default brake booster delete

I would like to delete the brake booster. Many companies offer an adapter plate for this purpose but what master cylinder to use for stock front discs and rear 9” drums?

Use the original M/C for the vehicle. No need to swap that out unless you want to. The M/C is correctly sized for the stock disc/drum setup. You are only removing the "Assist" portion of the Power Brakes by removing the booster.

You could go to a large bore M/C if you want to increase the fluid flow and lessen the amount of pedal travel needed, but that is a personal preference item. I would try the stock M/C first and see how it works. Good Luck!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

What kit are you looking at?

Some of them look like they are WAY wrong for stock brakes on a foxbody Mustang.

Personally I would consider this kit and discuss it with Maximum Motorsports
    https://www.maximummotorsports.com/M...9-93-P677.aspx

I did notice that on some sites there are kit that specifically call out stock brakes and a lack of stopping capability with them and manual brake adapters. Worth a discussion with the guys at MM.

Some of the morons making kits reportedly for manual brake conversion on a Mustang have things SO wrong that they suggest a 1 1/8” bore master cyl. Unless you are running SVO calipers in front and SVO/Lincoln discs with matching calipers in the rear there is NO way in hell that is going to work worth a damn.

Youll notice MM is the only kit that provides a redesigned pedal arm. That change is where the mechanical leverage comes from to stop a car without vacuum assistance. Some of the other guys need to lay off the funny tobacco and nose candy and go back to actual engineering.