Close

Cool New Member from Puyallup Washington.

Finally took the official plunge.. this site has come up on my Google searchs several times and I find myself wandering throughout the site, consuming countless knowledgeable posts that dont even necessarily pertain to my car... Lol.. I recently acquired myself (2), 4 eyed foxes.. a 1982 Mercury Capri RS 5.0 and a 1984 Mercury Capri RS 5.0.. both of which are 5 speed cars.. bought the pair for $500.. the 82 is going to end up being more of a parts car as it's in much rougher shape then the 84... (Sat outside in this washington rain for the last 24 years according to the 1995 tabs on the plates).. the 84 is in much better condition.. neither of them run at the moment, but that is my first plan of attack.. I plan on becoming an active member and looking forward to posting pics of my progress and obtaining the insight from the 4 eye pros!!!

*On a side note, any other members from Washington state?!?
    Last edited by CasperCapri; 12-31-2018 at 11:38 PM.

So, first plan of attack is motor... Pretty set on a motor from a Mercury mountaineer.. just to keep it merc.. ;-)... looking for a roller motor in peticular and going to remove the fuel injection and replace it with a carb..

Looking to put down some respectable power and motor build will include top notch aluminum heads and a lumpy bump stick backed by a wc t5 and a 8.8 rear end... Project is not too far off from getting started and I plan to have this on the road by memorial day weekend..

Welcome to FEP, we always like to see pics of cars and their progress of being bulit and fixed up. Post some pics when you can.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

first two pictures are when i first acquired them... the red 82 was given to me for free and I purchased the grey 84 for $500.. last few pics shows them getting to know each other.. lol. I do not have the title for the red car, so thats kind of a bugger, but I do have the title for the gray car which is the car i decided to build..
    Last edited by CasperCapri; 01-01-2019 at 12:15 AM.

Both cars have red interior.. the 82 interior is in pretty bad shape, mostly because of a leaking sunroof.. the 84 is in pretty fair condition. It has the halo head rests which I think look pretty cool.. 84 is also an AC car with power windows and power door locks.. I much rather have manual windows and locks, so i may swap out the doors from the 82 over to the 84.. also thought about installing that bulge hood onto the 84 to help toughen up that lower air damn valance.. pretty excited to get this show on the road!!!

Welcome!!!

Be sure to check Research>Production Numbers and Decoding. Foxchassis always appreciates the vin and buck tag info.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by 4-barrel Mike View Post
    Welcome!!!

Be sure to check Research>Production Numbers and Decoding. Foxchassis always appreciates the vin and buck tag info.

Mike
    Will do!! not quite sure where the buck tag is located, but im sure a google search will tell me..

Welcome!!!!! You almost stole them at $500. Very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave9052 View Post
    Welcome!!!!! You almost stole them at $500. Very nice!
    Thanks and I agree!! When I was much younger, my neighbor had a t -top Capri.. it sounded nasty and every time he fired it up, I ran outside to see/hear it! Ever since then, I've always wanted a Capri! I've got alot of work ahead of me, but ready to tackle this project!!

The buck tag is located on the core support next to the hood latch/header panel attachment.
    84 Capri RS Turbo
    Vinemont, AL (formerly El Mirage, AZ)
    USAF 1986-2007 (Ret)

Quote Originally Posted by billkandi View Post
    The buck tag is located on the core support next to the hood latch/header panel attachment.
    Copy that! I'll look into that asap! Thanks!

FEP Senior Member

I am not from Washington, but am from south central Oregon (near the California border). Good to see another PNW member.