Quote Originally Posted by BBCFORD View Post
I installed the Led bulbs in the cluster and over all I'm pretty happy about the lighting. It's a huge improvement and I now have no problems seeing the gauges. However, the odd thing is when I tested the cluster (before putting everything back together) the bulbs appeared to fully dim down almost to nothing. But now that everything is back together they only slightly dim. I'm not sure what could have happened just by putting everything together. Maybe it's my headlamp switch that's causing the problem...Seeing that the switch is almost 40 years old. Its just unusual that it dimmed fine until I screwed everything back together.

I was as following this post. Lots of good info and saved me some time.

I had a similar problem. Dimmed the first time and then not. They are nice and bright but I did buy the dimmable feature. I chatted with Suberbrite and they suggested reinstalling 1 old style bulb so the dimmer has enough current draw to work. I said “what”. How come no one has complained about that? They suggested the odometer location to reinstall the old bulb. I will have to give it a try.

I did notice the top left side of the tach was not as bright. Probably the way it’s designed but I will look at that too.