Close

Default New NOS 86 GT front end install.

I have finally pulled the original 5.0 and T-5 out this weekend. It was kinda weird after 20+ years with never a problem, but it is time.

I can now move more freely to remove the front end. I have an original NOS GT nose I purchased from Fox restoration. Still in the original "big"Blue Oval box.
    Question/ advise please: it looks to be easier to remove as a unit the entire front face while still attache to the headlight mount and under molding support of the nose face. ?? I have gentle removed and tagged the main wiring harness that supports the lights and alternator and the lights.

Once off and on the stand; I can then start drilling out the rivets. I have the correct rivets too for the install.

Please advise

Thank you

=

Yes, you will have to remove the front bumper cover assembly from the vehicle as a unit. Then once the whole assembly is off the car you can separate the headlight support from the actual urethane bumper cover. You also have the two metal brackets one on top and one on the bottom of the grill opening. Carefully remove those and then carefully drill out the rivets. I recommend generally using either a 3/16" or 1/4" drill bit. Be sure to drill slowly and make sure you are centered on the rivets. If you don't you can cause the holes to be oversize and that can cause issues when installing the new rivets. Take your time and everything is pretty simple and straight forward. Good Luck!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller