Close

Default Subframe connectors

I want to install subframe connectors in my '81 Granada, but of course everything I find says it won't fit. Tried searching and for some reason coming up dry. I even contacted a seller about it a week ago with no response. So- what brand works? Since it is a fox body I assumed most will, even if the manufacturer says it won't (because maybe they never tried?)

Options?
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now have a 1981 Granada!

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Maximum Motorsports full lengths

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mtrw7DcUtHg

Or my car has custom through-floor. Granada is the same wheelbase as F/Z. Mustang ones are not a direct fit because the wheelbase is longer than Mustang.
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI T-5 (Mustang LWB)
    '17 Ford Transit Connect Titanium LWB
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

If the floorpan is the same as the F/Z's, then a set of those full-lengths should work.

I made a custom set for my old '80 Z7, but they were basically just copies of a Mustang set, with seat braces, that were a little longer.
    83 TC "Clone"

FEP Member

I bought a set of those MMs for my wagon, and the shop lengthened them to fit.
    They said it's easier for them to modify something rather than build from scratch.

So much for bolting them on and driving to the muffler shop for a few welds like I did with the '83...
    But, gonna have to do it.
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now have a 1981 Granada!

I used S&W Race Cars sub frame connectors. Excellent quality and fit great. They make the longer size you will need.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratchet1 View Post
    I used S&W Race Cars sub frame connectors. Excellent quality and fit great. They make the longer size you will need.
    Those look awesome, but twice the price of MM. I like the bolt on ability then I can drive it to the shop for welding.

Time to think I guess. Not buying today.

Now have a 1981 Granada!

MM does not make any subframe connectors that bolt in.

If you PM me your e-mail address, I can send you list of modifications required to make the MMFL-5 fit on a F/Z chassis Fox car.
    Jack Hidley
    Maximum Motorsports Tech Support